Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we now have salt on the roads so it is time to winterize and clean up the Vrod.

I have some Mothers Billet polish that I will use for the first time and am really looking foward to seeing the difference from the regular Mothers.

When I am finished polishing the wheels should I put any kind of was on them to protect the finish over the winter. Something like a paste wax or there abouts.

Thanks
Ken

·
4,638 Posts
o2man98,
I used the MOTHERS BILLET POLISH this is what my wheels look like 3 months later

·
Riding the good life
4,908 Posts
I use WICKED metal polish and CarWell CP-90 for corrosion control. Once a year with the CarWell, and for areas where its just bare metal and nothing else, every 6-months. CarWell is the only stuff used by the Army and Marines on their tactical equipment, been tested by both branches and been found to be the best.

·
Registered
284 Posts
G'day Dereck.
Re the Metal Sealer, can you give a bit more info?
I was recommended this product some time ago, and posted info on it on this site, but no one seemed to have any experience with it.
They don't sell in Australia, so I will have to import some. The said they would ship it to me.
Any information is appreiciated, as I'm right on the Ocean down here.

Best wishes mate.

Ken.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hey Ken,
The metal gloss and sealer work absolutely great. When you polish any metal you have to mix the sealer and gloss and rub it on and off without letting it dry. I use the sealer on my paint as well, which results in me only having to splash her down when she gets dirty.The shine is outstanding. If you put this stuff on the bottom of a beer can and rub a bit, it really looks like it has been chromed. I have ridden her in a lot of rain and normally when she stands you see all the water marks on the metal that require a hell of a lot of elbow grease to clean, no more with this stuff.
Good luck
Derek

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Riding your bikes in the Rain?Are you Nuts!;) I freak if theres water in the gutter of my driveway!:eek: I guess I'm a CLEAN FREAK or something!:cool:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Kaz,

Sometimes you just don't have a choice. I went to the H-D 100th with some friends, and had to ride in the rain for 12 hours to get home. :ithappens

Spent 3 hours cleaning it the next day...

-Bry

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
:hitfan: OMG! Thats why I have a Nice 30ft enclosed Trailer!;) It's set up for 5 bikes or 2 bikes and a race Car!:cool:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Got caught the day I got her and rode from Mt Venon to San Marcos in the rain and again all the way to SPI rally and back.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm with Kaz on this! Water mist from lawn sprinklers and dust...OMG...... but then again that's the only weather problems we generally have to contend with here in Vegas! If you want to ride year long ya gotta move!:icon_mrgr

Zeeman

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
My per peeve is those folks who insist on watering the street. There ought to be a law.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Kaz,

So your bikes are trailer queens, huh? ;) Unfortuntely, I don't have that kind of cash.... :broke

Anyway, it was kinda fun. There were 5 of us on bikes, and no one would give in and pull over for the night. Definitely an event that we won't forget...

-Bry

·
Registered
284 Posts
G'day Dereck.
Thanks for the info mate, I'll certainly order some.
I emailed Ozzy yesterday, to see if they would ship me their polishing kit (polish and polishing ball). Hope so, as the polishing ball would be a major time saver.

Best wishes.

Ken.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I'd say 90% of my riding is on the track or the dyno!I take for an occational cruzz"NOS Burnouts of the freeway at 100 mph!:eek: I have way to much time and money invested to let some Granny in a cage take me out!I did promiss this cute little stripper a ride the other day though!:diablo:

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
One great think about the V-Rod...
If you are giving rides on it... she's got to have a narrow ass!

M~

1 - 17 of 17 Posts