Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to put on the eagle pipes. My Q. is can I put the pipes on then take the bike to the dealer for the flash job are will the bike not run well on the trip to the dealer.

thanks for any help

jerrall

·
Registered
145 Posts
You'll probably notice a few "dead spots" in the acceleration, but as long as you don't try to race anywhere, you won't have a problem. Don't forget you also have to put in the SE airfilter.

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
If it were me, I would mount them up and ride it to the dealer. The dealer closest to me has an $82/hour shop rate and I've decided to try and do everthing I can myself. Bring your SE filter with you and install it in the parking lot once you get to the dealer. This way you will only have to pay them to flash the ECM. The pipes by themselves when used with the stock airfilter should not produce a dangerously lean condition as long as your not WFO on the way to the dealership. Remember, I said if it were me. If you have any concerns after reading these responses, err on the side of caution and protect your investment.

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
You could get the download then ride it home,and then put on the filter and pipes.It'll run a little rich,but that's better than lean.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts