Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tire is starting to get worn and I wan't to know what 240 tire you are replacing the stock one with. Buddy told me Metzeler - ME 880 Marathon XXL Rear Tire he uses and loves it. Also what front tire are you running.

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Metz. all the way.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Metzler Marathon ME880s. I've been running Metz since 1987 and love 'em. The Marathon's have excellent wet handling characteristics. They tend to wear quickly, but they're sticky and that means a safer ride.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LiquidSilver said:
Metzler Marathon ME880s. I've been running Metz since 1987 and love 'em. The Marathon's have excellent wet handling characteristics. They tend to wear quickly, but they're sticky and that means a safer ride.

How quicky ? You getting 3 - 4000 ? Also did you put one on the front?

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
BRUTUS32 said:
How quicky ? You getting 3 - 4000 ? Also did you put one on the front?
5000mi ea and I replace front and rear at the same time.

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
metz...

·
On the dark side
174 Posts
stock Dunlop's but looking forward to changing to Metz ME880s over the winter.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
this is the first bike that I had dunlops (stock) and they sucked they ended up cupping after 4000 miles or so. I've always used Avon's on other bikes, but I switched to metzler's for this bike and have no complaints :thumb:

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
I am re-igniting this thread rather than starting a new one...

It is tire time for my 07 DX. I got 8600+ on the front Dunlop before the cupping demon got me!!!! The cupping is worse on the left side of the tire than on the right...high speed heavy corning on the left turn interstate ramps?????:spank:

I am planning on the following:

front: 130/70x19 Metzeler 880

rear: 260/40x18 Metzeler 880 XXL

If I understand the post correctly, they are both radials. And the comments on the Metzeler tire are the most favorable of the tire comments.

What kind of mileage can I expect from the Metzelers? Which tires would give me the best mileage?

Comments? Suggestions?

I have read a lot of the posts and am a little confused by the letter ratings...V...Z, etc.

Thanks for the feedback

RaderDX

·
Made in Ceylon
505 Posts
Dunlop. I like the mileage. Dunlop 250 rear. Metzler wear faster.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ok...now next question, what mileage have you experienced with Metzelers and with Dunlops.

I am used to much higher mileage out of tires than I am experiencing on my DX.

Thanks,
RaderDX

·
"F the F"
1,032 Posts
Right now 7000 on my dunlop and boy is it getting slippery. Waiting on my new Hogpros and tires in a few weeks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts