Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my temp tags from the bmv, indiana has went to mailing hard plates and handing out paper tags for a month till we get them.

SO I cruised around the lake and out in the country around another and ended up south of town. I pulled on the highway and a car was coming down the road so I got over on the right side of the outer lane(divided highway) to give the guy alot of room. I did not pull out in front of him and gave him enough room.

He pulls up besides me in the same lane I am in(guess i should have stayed in the middle of the lane. He pulls up honking his horn and swerves over at me :chair::chair:.

I do not get pissed off much but I gave the ***hole the finger. :D He swerves over in front of me and dam near stops swerving and blocking the lane trying to run me off the road.

Had I had my cell phone I would have called the police but I doubt they would have done anything.

Has anything like this happen to you guys?

My dad told me some people just think the road is for them alone and more so when you on a bike. I told him I need some saddle bags that will hold a big pipe :D:spank:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LMAO that a good one, I tried to stay with him, but since he had his wife and kids I did not want them to see him get his *** kicked. Plus he was pulling 75 to get away from me.

how someone could drive that fast and like a nut with their kids is beyond me.
Sometimes I think I should carry a pocket full of ball bearings or glass marbles.

Phatass

·
Premium Member
2,900 Posts
Maybe a case of mistaken identity? In any case, not a very good example for his kids.

I had a co-worker tell me once he was driving in downtown Green Bay (mind you NOTHING usually happens in this town) and when he stopped for a red light the guy in the car parked in front of him jumped out with a baseball bat, smashed his hood several times, flipped him off and yelled something at him, then drove off when the light changed like nothing happened. He said got the plate number and reported it to the police and the guy eventually had to pay for the damages. He never gave an explanation as to why he did it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
N
Maybe a case of mistaken identity? In any case, not a very good example for his kids.

I had a co-worker tell me once he was driving in downtown Green Bay (mind you NOTHING usually happens in this town) and when he stopped for a red light the guy in the car parked in front of him jumped out with a baseball bat, smashed his hood several times, flipped him off and yelled something at him, then drove off when the light changed like nothing happened. He said got the plate number and reported it to the police and the guy eventually had to pay for the damages. He never gave an explanation as to why he did it.
Maybe the Packers were on a losing streak. There are all kinds out there.

Phatass

·
SHINY SIDE UP!!!
30 Posts
Carry "Ninja Rocks"

Thanks to my brother that has been riding for over 30 yrs, he told me about ceramic insulators from spark plugs will shatter a windshield in a second. I'm not sure how it works, but it does work. I've been run off into the ditch before. I'm not condoning road rage but, he deserved it... Maybe the frequency of the ceramic against the glass windshield??? Anyone chime in...

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Penny's work great and can't be considered weapons if carrying a bunch of them . but yea I always say Bad drivers are just that bad drivers.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I've had a bad experience in the past when I was younger. Very similar. The guy had his very young kid in his SUV, he tried swerving into me several times on Kanan Road.

He got stuck at a red light at the 101 Freeway. I caught up, to his surprise. I was so pissed, I put down my kick stand and walked up to his window as he tried to roll up his window and fumble with his cell phone. I gave him a few choice words and requested he step out of his vehicle. He declined.

I let him go. His attack was completely unprovoked.

Get a license number if you can, and file a police report. Otherwise walk away. Lots of idiots out there, that have knives and guns. Not worth walking into a deadly situation.

It's these times when you wished a police officer would ride up behind you to observe and take immediate action.

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
Many moons ago in Florida while at flight school I had a guy go off on me in a similar way with his wife and kids in the car with him. Rather than go off on him, I very calmly told him that was a fine example he was setting for his children and that I hoped he was proud of himself. Then I walked off, having not raised my voice to him one bit.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I got my temp tags from the bmv, indiana has went to mailing hard plates and handing out paper tags for a month till we get them.

SO I cruised around the lake and out in the country around another and ended up south of town. I pulled on the highway and a car was coming down the road so I got over on the right side of the outer lane(divided highway) to give the guy alot of room. I did not pull out in front of him and gave him enough room.

He pulls up besides me in the same lane I am in(guess i should have stayed in the middle of the lane. He pulls up honking his horn and swerves over at me :chair::chair:.

I do not get pissed off much but I gave the ***hole the finger. :D He swerves over in front of me and dam near stops swerving and blocking the lane trying to run me off the road.

Had I had my cell phone I would have called the police but I doubt they would have done anything.

Has anything like this happen to you guys?

My dad told me some people just think the road is for them alone and more so when you on a bike. I told him I need some saddle bags that will hold a big pipe :D:spank:
I have had cars nearly run me off the road a number of times. Twice recently while I was leading on roads narrowing from 2 to 1 lanes. One was a girl so youing she had to just get her license, I should have known. The second was an old bat with the drunken husband next to her in the passenger seat. I tried to get him pull over to work things out without luck.

It really is better to just ingore, but sometimes emotions get the best of you. Not the smart thing if you want to survive long term.

·
Cranky Frank
100 Posts
People are friggin crazy anymore and about 90% of them are paying no attention while running their stupid mouths on the cell phone.

Remember that it is always the one on the bike who is going to get hurt if he wrecks you. I will always just wait for the next opening in traffic and also will pull off if I get someone bird-dogging me. :mad:

I've learned not to let them ruin my otherwise enjoyable ride on my Vrod. Maybe it's jealousy? :D

(I also carry a Ruger .380 LCP) :hidesbeh: :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
happens to me more then it should...back wen i was ridng my buells i would kick off thier mirrors n they would get the picture but its kinda hard to kick on the vrod the way i wold on my buell...i just reach for my mp40(dont actualy pull it out cause thats somehting i am not trying to deal with) but just reach like ur grabbing it and you will see a car speed away faster then u thought was possible

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
The "ninja rocks" idea is funny, but from what I understand (and what the police told me after my passenger window was broken out in a hotel parking lot) it IS the frequency of the vibrations caused by the ceramic insulator on the spark plugs that breaks the glass, but you have to act like you're trying to score the glass and rub it across. Just throwing it at the windshield wouldn't work.

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
Back in the 80's on my ole Shovelhead SuperGlide I had some crazy shit happen on Franklin (main Drag in Gastonia NC) In NC you have to have your gun out in the open which means on a bike you have to wear it on your belt out in the open. Couple of punks with their girl friends came over on me about ran me into the curb one night then fllpped me off like it was my fault...really pissed me off and I was a bit of a hot head in those days :) I wore my 45 so much I really forgot it was even there anymore lol, but when I jumped up to the drivers side to give him some hell and maybe a beatdown he saw my pistol and hooked a hard 90 into someones yard though their fence though the back yard and onto the back road! For a couple of minutes I was a bit stunned till all the pieces came together in my mind as to what had happened then I laughed my ass off till I was crying!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it happens, This is why I do not have a CCw alittle to hot headed on the road to carry it. I had a friend a few years back who got into a argument at a gas station and when a guy told him to get out and he was going to kick his *** and my buddy got out with his 1911 strapped to his belt the guy pulled a knife out and my friend ended up drawing down on him till the cops showed up. The guy told the cop my buddy got out and pulled his gun so he pulled his knife.

The security tape told another story. The cop asked the guy if what he said was true why did he bring a knife to a gun fight? They told my buddy had he shot the guy he would have walked away free and clear. I guess my buddy did not want to fill out all that paper work
Back in the 80's on my ole Shovelhead SuperGlide I had some crazy shit happen on Franklin (main Drag in Gastonia NC) In NC you have to have your gun out in the open which means on a bike you have to wear it on your belt out in the open. Couple of punks with their girl friends came over on me about ran me into the curb one night then fllpped me off like it was my fault...really pissed me off and I was a bit of a hot head in those days :) I wore my 45 so much I really forgot it was even there anymore lol, but when I jumped up to the drivers side to give him some hell and maybe a beatdown he saw my pistol and hooked a hard 90 into someones yard though their fence though the back yard and onto the back road! For a couple of minutes I was a bit stunned till all the pieces came together in my mind as to what had happened then I laughed my ass off till I was crying!!!

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
... I pulled on the highway and a car was coming down the road so I got over on the right side of the outer lane(divided highway) to give the guy alot of room.

Has anything like this happen to you guys? ...
Many, and I am one of them, believe that pulling over to the right side of your lane is exactly the wrong thing to do as it "invites" overtaking vehicles to pass without leaving the lane. Unless about to pull over onto the (wide, paved) shoulder to allow a "Texas Pass," I can't think of anything to be gained by pulling over to the right side of a lane to give an overtaking vehicle "room."

I customarily ride in the left third of my lane, shifting over to the right third (on two-lane roads) when meeting a string of vehicles to give those following a better chance to see me and so not pull out to pass.

The key point, I think, is to try to be aware of the position and movement of all other vehicles and to maneuver so as to give yourself the most possible escape routes and the most time to use one of them.

Of course, there's no accounting for assholes and idiots.

RIDE SAFE!

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
The "ninja rocks" idea is funny, but from what I understand (and what the police told me after my passenger window was broken out in a hotel parking lot) it IS the frequency of the vibrations caused by the ceramic insulator on the spark plugs that breaks the glass, but you have to act like you're trying to score the glass and rub it across. Just throwing it at the windshield wouldn't work.
You cannot break a windshield with a piece of ceramic insulator. The rubberized layer between the two layers of windshield dampens the glass so breaking it with concussion harmonics is monumental.

However, you can break any other glass in the vehicle by throwing a tiny piece of spark plug insulator hard at it. By tiny, I mean tip-of-finger size or larger. My brother used to run a junkyard where he showed that to me. We broke several windows in several pre-demolition cars, but no windshields (and we tried hard). Oddly enough, throwing the entire spark plug wouldn't break most glass either.

If you did that to an occupied car while riding, you would be guilty of road rage and you should go to jail! You should thank God that you survived the encounter with the idiot and move on.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Thanks to my brother that has been riding for over 30 yrs, he told me about ceramic insulators from spark plugs will shatter a windshield in a second. I'm not sure how it works, but it does work. I've been run off into the ditch before. I'm not condoning road rage but, he deserved it... Maybe the frequency of the ceramic against the glass windshield??? Anyone chime in...
I had never been able to get it to work on a windshield but it will do wonders on side windows and leave little to no trace. Sent you a PM to Dr Dave and Grimis.

I wear armored gloves so I have broken a few mirrors. Recently I had an Expedition move over on me as we were entering a construction zone, I was directly behind another car, and honestly maybe a little to close. She passed me in the left lane, slowed and pulled over on me. I reached up and back handed the mirror smashing it. When the Cops showed up I told the Officer she hit me. She recieved 2 tickets, one for failure to yield and the other was an improper lane change, in a construction zone was double fine, double points. I kept telling the Officer my shoulder really hurt.....I loved it. She was pi$$ed thinking that I had to move over and yield to her. She even told the Officer that.

I never did look to see what her total net points were but she had to get at least 6 if not 8 total points. I don't think was her 1st time either doing the same thing, maybe not to a bike but maybe another car. I am waiting for the court summons any day to find out she is fighting the tickets.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts