Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
times are you guys getting for the 1/4 mile.
I just got back from the track and it was my first time to drag. First run was 12.03 with 111.6 mph, Lined up in the second lane and got a 12.06 with 111 mph second run and a 12.16 with 116.5 mph on my third run. Had a Blast and do not recomend it to anyone as it is addictive. I have a new metz. on and did not burn rubber before take off, did not hold rpm's.I also still have the 30 tooth pulley on. I took it easy and found that she really dogged before the powerband really kicked in.
I will definately be going back and will be a lot more aggressive. A lot of jap bikes were running in the mid 11's and a suzuki ran a 9.4. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Derek said:
times are you guys getting for the 1/4 mile.
I just got back from the track and it was my first time to drag. First run was 12.03 with 111.6 mph, Lined up in the second lane and got a 12.06 with 111 mph second run and a 12.16 with 116.5 mph on my third run. Had a Blast and do not recomend it to anyone as it is addictive. I have a new metz. on and did not burn rubber before take off, did not hold rpm's.I also still have the 30 tooth pulley on. I took it easy and found that she really dogged before the powerband really kicked in.
I will definately be going back and will be a lot more aggressive. A lot of jap bikes were running in the mid 11's and a suzuki ran a 9.4. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF RACING V-RODS.I don't want to spoil it so do a Little hunting and You'll see what we have Run! :diablo:

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Rick,

Not really. Like Kaz said, welcome to the world of racing. He was only 0.7 sec off and acknowledged launch problems. Also, 0.7 isn't that far off between someone who's new to bike racing and the V-Rod vs. someone who's raced for years and prepped the bike.

I'm not taking sides or trying to start anything up, just pointing out to Derek that his times weren't bad at all and with some practice and the advice of some on the forums he could easily get down into the mid 11's.

Keep it up Derek and let us know how bad the racing bug bites you ;)

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Max,Mark,all moderators
Since we have a Dyno sheet thread.
Could we make a sticky thread "timeslips"we could post our ET's.Nothing but timeslips no comments from other members just from the poster of the timeslip.
The weather is getting warmer for some of us.and our local tracks are starting to open up.
I plan on running mine this year.and what would be a better place to tune the RT.

just a suggestion :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts