·
Registered
964 Posts
going to do your springs this weekend?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No. Just gathering information on what I will need to do the job. I dont think I will change them until winter. In case I run into something unexpected. That seems to happen to me. LOL

·
Registered
964 Posts
I had to cancel the order for my springs. I had them on order for 3 weeks and they were holding up the remainder of my order so I cancelled them.

I will get this this winter too....going to put the legends on tomorrow along with a few other things.

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
There is an awesome write up by Flyin Freddie in the How To section.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I copied this from another thread I posted in.

I used a socket made just for Harley shock nuts from Jim's.I borrowed it from one of the techs at Harley because he said it's the best he's ever used,this thing is the cats ass for top shock nuts.It's a 35mm,very short with 2 straights that a big wrench fits and can break it loose then a 3/8th ratchet to finish the removal.Jim's part # is 2244.

Elrod on the V-Rod:moped:

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
ElrodontheV-Rod said:
It's a 35mm,very short with 2 straights that a big wrench fits and can break it loose then a 3/8th ratchet to finish the removal.Jim's part # is 2244.
Elrod on the V-Rod:moped:
Interesting, when I went to the local Sears to get the 1 3/8" socket they didn't have one, so I grabbed a 36 mm socket and it worked great.

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
2,913 Posts
I wouldn't recommend this wrench to somebody that has not used one, but if you know what it is and have one it works great. If used properly it will not leave a mark on the chrome.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts