Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 65-70 I’m hitting almost 5k rpm. Feels a bit too much vibration and as if it’s pushing to hard. It also does a little bucking at lower speeds as well. My speedometer isn’t solid. It bounces a little when crushing. Takes off after I get out of first like a bat out of hell. I have a 260 tire, Thundermax tuner and a true dual exhaust. I’m not sure what’s off but something is. Any advice is welcomed and appreciated.

·
Registered
446 Posts
As far as pulleys go, You will have a 28 tooth. Options are, 26-30... maybe 32 if you could find one. You can go to a 30 and drop the cruising RPM a bit. As far as the speedo goes, not sure about the bouncing. The bucking is probably due to a bad tune. Best bet is to take it to a COMPETENT dyno guy and get a GOOD tune. It will make a big difference from a generic tune.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
What the heck is a true dual exhaust on a V Rod ? I just upgraded to a 30 tooth it's PERFECT for dropping Cruising Rpm's just what the bike needed - wish I did it 15K miles ago however it will require the speedometer to be recalibrated - it will be off by about 7 % so 100 indicated is actually 107 so when you tune it have them recal the box so it reads correct - do the 30t pulley install first ( you may be able to use the existing belt on the 30t from the 28t I did it pulls the rear wheel fwd in the axle groove and the bike actually steers better ) and then do the Dyno tuning so they recal it - others here may say if it can be done separately. Speedometer reads off output of transmission not actual wheel that's why it's incorrect, but you may have a pickup or wiring problem -

1 - 3 of 3 Posts