Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not new to Harley but am new to vrods and I'm going to look at an 06 D this weekend with 61,000kms, or 39,000 miles on it.

is there anything you guys think I should check as a common issue on a D of this number of miles and vintage?

thanks in advance, Steve

·
Insane inda membrane
13,002 Posts
Crankcase breather tubes that lead into the airbox may need replacement (they drip oil), check for a stator leak (rubber plug with wires coming out of cover on lower left of engine), and see if they have documentation on valve clearance check (usually done around 15-20K miles). Check steering neck for binding or clunking, HD does a horrible job at greasing them at the factory.

Otherwise, there aren't a ton of issues with these bikes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m new to all of this meaning I just picked up my FIST Harley which I was dying for but kids come first kinda thing an o6 night rod with 2000 miles I’m taking it for a complete check fluids replacement etc I’m considering replacing original battery and brake pads at this time also along with tires I don’t have issue with battery but even in a car 12 year old battery gotta go and brake pads will get tech to remove and check that as well sat in someone’s garage which can be good or bad depending any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
scbenoit , You'll love the '06-D if you buy it , but please don't post on here in about a month , of how to change to forward controls .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"please don't post on here in about a month , of how to change to forward control"

Not going to happen - I'm specifically looking for the mid-controls :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts