Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am dropping my 09 F off to be Dyno tuned next week, I have installed a PC5, V-Modded pipes, K&N & she is running topless! What kind of HP # should I see after Rob @ Robs Dyno in Mass. has his way with her? Just Curious???? I will report the final results on Wen. cant wait!!!!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Maybe 115 RWHP

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
for the most part I would say a lighter wallet and the same performance...

LOL but not true at all, most people here are getting an honest 7 to 10 HP increase at the rear tire. Not too bad for stage 1 mods.

The most important thing is the seat of your pants feel of the bike after any mod. With his set-up the bike will feel and be quicker and should have a nice rumble.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just had mine on the dyno for a mapping. It has K&N filter, V&H competition series slip-ons, PC-V and ran a 109 hp. To be honest, I was expecting a little more. It definatley runs better on the bottom end especially but I thought there would be a bit more there.....
It only has 2000km's on it so maybe a bit more witha few more miles on it?

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
change the dunlops to metzlers or similar and you will go way faster.
:them: Dunlops are pretty heavy tires. Believe the 240 Dunlop is 22lbs which is about 7lbs more than any other tire in that size

edit: stock 240 dunlop tire only is 22lbs.... a 300 Metz is 21.5lbs, 260 Metz is 17lbs, 240 Metz about 15.5 lbs

·
Registered
257 Posts
If the bike went on a diet you will feel faster acceleration and deceleration. How much weight did you cut out of pipes?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pipes

Not sure exactly how much lighter they came back but they seem about 1/2 the weight of the originals, the reasoning behind
the dyno tune was more to smooth everything out because it is stuttering a bit especially on the low end but if I pick up a few extra HP thats a bonus! Thanks for all the feedback, all good stuff!

·
Registered
117 Posts
just had mine dynoed but not tuned last night at a bike show doing free dyno runs....1st was 110hp with 77 tq 2nd was 112hp with 77tq and 3rd was 111hp and 76 tq....my mods are tabs slip ons tabs tuner and filter....not to bad in my eyes just realy wanna bring up the torqe

·
Registered
569 Posts
just had mine dynoed but not tuned last night at a bike show doing free dyno runs....1st was 110hp with 77 tq 2nd was 112hp with 77tq and 3rd was 111hp and 76 tq....my mods are tabs slip ons tabs tuner and filter....not to bad in my eyes just realy wanna bring up the torqe

26t Pulley will take care of that for you!

·
Registered
117 Posts
how much would i gain from the 26t pulley and will i notice a big diff on the high way....cruisin at 75 80 mph im at like 5000 5200 rpm n idn it just dont seem right even though i read on here its not a problem to b at that rpm range

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
how much would i gain from the 26t pulley and will i notice a big diff on the high way....cruisin at 75 80 mph im at like 5000 5200 rpm n idn it just dont seem right even though i read on here its not a problem to b at that rpm range
If you do more highway crusing then city cruising - the 26t pulley may not be for you ... :deal:

·
Registered
117 Posts
i do a good mix of both...my whole problem is i ride with sport bikes cause my friends think there cool:spank: so high way runs are usualy around a steady 75 80

·
Registered
569 Posts
The pulley was suggest because you said you wanted more Torque the only thing it will do for crusin in the 75-80 range is get you there a lot quicker. As far as higher speed crusies go I notice no difference at all. My feul is already getting tore up by my map and mods. It's only a 20 minute operation to go back to stock if I ever choose too. At this point I'm sticking with the 26t because of the overall fun factor.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pulley

What will one of those 26 tooth pully cost & how difficult is it to install, will the map need to be adjusted ?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Map no need to adjust as it only changes the revolutions of the rear tire smaller pulley more tire spin more torque more fun. Fitzgerald Moto Sells them as well as another vendor I can't think of at the moment. They go from about 250-300 bucks they are a little steep in price but once you install it you have no regrets.

·
Registered
569 Posts
20 minutes lossen the rear shock loosen the belt replace pulley put back together. See it done once and its a mod pretty much anyone can do.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts