Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I see is Factory seats, CFR seats and Sundowner seats. I like the look of the CFR, but how comfortable is it. The sundowner looks comfortable but not the streamline look I want. What other seats are available for our bikes.

·
Registered
223 Posts
robb2269 said:
All I see is Factory seats, CFR seats and Sundowner seats. I like the look of the CFR, but how comfortable is it. The sundowner looks comfortable but not the streamline look I want. What other seats are available for our bikes.
I run the Sundowner with passenger pillion for longer trips, or If im taking a passenger (I also have a Sissy Bar - Girlfriend) not the greatest looking, but its comfortable. I will be purchasing the CFR Low Profile seat here in the near future, nice sleek look, prob not as comfortable, but thats what I have the Sundowner for..

I've heard the Tallboy seat (H.D.) is pretty nice, and more comfortable, I havnt seen it in person, but from what I hear its highly recommended. Corbin also makes a couple.. Check out V-Mod.com there's a couple on there.

·
Lover of Bikes
1,726 Posts
I use the Sundowner for the front with the stock one at the back unless I'm taking a passenger. I don't like the look of the Sundowner passenger pillion from behind but it is essential at times. I don't mind the look of the front section by itself, especially with 'V-Rod' embroidered on it.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Corbin. Fits me perfectly!

·
Who Wants A Beer?
598 Posts
I just ordered the saddleman profiler, there has been alot of talk on here about it and it sounds like a good seat. It looks very low, and has a nice profile (hence the name). It has a gel insert so I'm hoping it will be comfy.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
HD Custom Solo. Stock on 04 & 05 SE.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
HD Custom Solo off an 05 SE

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
I have a Sundowner, but I had an extra inch of foam put in to raise it up some - works prefectly.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
STOCK and LOVING IT (Had to get a better Passenger pillion though) All you others can have your Barcaloungers and Lazy Boy seats that eat up your bike lines.

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
Just traded my Badlander for a Sundowner. The Badlander was great for around town but any further and my ass fell asleep something terrible. I switched back to the stock seat untill the Sundowner gets here and that thing is hard as a rock. Don't know how y'all can ride with it.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Corbin, great seat but expensive.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Sundowner..... It's wide like I am.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
I happen to own both the CFR (bar hopper) and the Sundowner (Laz-Boy). Both have obvisiously different looks. The CFR is actually not to bad in the comfort area, but is pail in comparision to the Sundowner. Sundowner is for my wife and I. The CFR is for solo and town riding. Hands down as in the looks dept is the CFR!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I got the HD Custom Solo seat about a month ago.
I love it....

1 - 20 of 61 Posts