Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this bike last week and I'm not sure what seat it has. I thought it was stock at first because it's not all that comfortable but it looks taller than stock in the rear. Says V-ROD on the operator's seat.

Thanks

·
Life is great!
783 Posts
Looks like the sundowner that I got on my bike. It's actually much better than the stock. Troll thru the threads here and you will see other options that people are using

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
a better picture of the seat would be helpful, but...... if the seat has "VROD" embossed on it, then it is a Sundowner

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm that's good I guess. I looked at pictures of the sundowner and the seams look different but it definitely has VROD embossed on it. I'll get a better picture next time.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
since you don't have your bike info listed, I'll take a stab at it.
2007 VRSCAW Black Cherry with Sundowner pilot & smooth look passenger touring pillion & mid sissy bar w/touring pad.
On a side note, securing tie-downs to the bars is not the best location up front

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey that's pretty good. You missed the D&D Fat Cat exhaust, PCIII, and K&N. Can you see if its tuned from that angle??? Ha ha. I think I'll call down to the dealer that sold this bike to see if it might have been dyno tuned. I believe they installed all the other accessories.

What's the preferred strapping method? I had one thru the front wheel, two on handlebars, and two on rear shocks. The pipe got scuffed a bit but it will probably polish out. Bike was on the kickstand.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
if you tie it down through the triple tree(s), there's no chance of tweaking your bars and less chance of farking up a hydraulic line or two

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's a better picture of the seat:

·
Premium Member
10,816 Posts
Sundowner with touring pillion. Every one fits different. sell it, get a different one, and keep experimenting until you find one that fits you. It don't fit me, either! Joe

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
plus its sofa king ugly
:rofl:

I had one put on my bike when I bought it. It lasted about 6 months and I sold it to another member here and had my stock seat re-worked by Mean City Cycles.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Because of looks or how it rides? I'm starting to get used to my seat now and it's not bad. My last bike (Vulcan 900 Classic) had the stock seat and the Sundowner is better than that. Someone offered to trade me a memory foam / gel stock seat for mine, would it look bad with the sissy bar? I'm only about 175 lbs so maybe a stock seat would fit better.

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
it rode like a dream but (IMHO) it was just too big. it was probably the most comfortable seat I've ever had, but I traded that off for a sleeker look. The stock seat will never be as comfortable. It's all preference really - do what YOU like.

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,427 Posts
Sundowner is the isht... saved my lower back/arse when I switched out my Badlander for it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.