·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What options do we have for a 1/4 stroker crank? manufacturer and price please

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
Falicon or a regrind. I'd go with the regrind for a 1/4 of the price.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Everyone scared off by the Falicon Regrinds?

I'm still going to use them. I know there have been some issues lately, but I still believe they are THE leader when it comes to cranks.

They make the full circle billet crank, for a mere $1800. But the weld up's are $475 with a 4 week turn around at this time of year. They will cryo treat the crank for an additional $75 to help prevent cracking.

Just like anything, there is bound to be a problem or two that crop up during production. I think the 31 years of buisness, and the sheer number of V-Rods on the street with their cranks in them without a problem are tesimony enough for me.

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bproulxvrod said:
Falicon or a regrind. I'd go with the regrind for a 1/4 of the price.
i suppose falicon is the only ones who regrind too

·
The Hawk
3,906 Posts
My 1/4" Falicon regrind supercrank is working well, no issues at all. Been down the track about 60 times this year along with normal street riding, testing, tuning abuse and has not missed a beat. Most of those runs were in the high tens with some real hard launches and shifting at 9300 rpm's.

Mike

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have the Regrind also. No problems at 8k on the the motor. 7lbs of boost and all :dance:

·
Big Daddy!
975 Posts
I have a reworked crank from Falicon as well, 5,000 hard miles....no problems.

·
Caretaker for BADROD
293 Posts
We have had cranks done by several different companies in the last 5 years. Some where OK, some where bad from the start. Just look online and there are many crank regrind companies. No matter what anyone ever tells me I will never be convinced that Glenn at falicon is selling sub-standard stuff. I have had many lower in failures but I can not been able to prove that any where the fault of the crank supplied by Falicon alone. Yes I am sure everyone will jump on me about this motor and that motor, but when people are pointing fingers and I start asking questions it seems they can't answer because they didn't know about checking for this or that. After most failures you can look back and MOST of the time find the cause.I find new causes for problems all the time and when I do I learn to check for it the next time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts