Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
A big Mac is $4.90 here $4.20 there.Ok so you have to swim the beef across the pacific so that adds the 70 cents fair enough.If they were 11 bucks each would you buy one.Are we mad or just in love.My sphincster hurts from these over the top prices,what say yea.

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
Hey Uber.Drive,any chance you could work a red hot deal for all your brothers on here.I'm thinking like $90 for 5 Quarts delivered.If you cant publicly quote prices pm us individually.Go for it !

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Cue the chirping crickets.Why does Amsoil cost double here compared to USA?
Since it does cost ones to ship it, and the labor Govt loves it import duties and excise and now we have the AUD that is better than USD

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Probably the same reason the Bikes cost double. Who knows????.
Vehicles are sold at what e market will bear, and sometimes we get stuff for cheaper than the country of origin sometimes not.

But that's key I love Asia most things are cheaper here even my Aussie magazines and Aussie wine and food.

Like my mate recently found out. This local Paid Asian gf is so much more than the original here. He got a massage bath and happy ending for 1500 Which is about 44 aud

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
Since it does cost ones to ship it, and the labor Govt loves it import duties and excise and now we have the AUD that is better than USD
Hey Shed thanks for your input buddy.Quick question,at the last Amsoil convention do you remember anyone with a soothing voice say look into my eyes ,look into my eyes,look into my eyes.It was only about a year ago when we were able to import our HD parts for about half price.Weird how dealers and manufacturers can only come up with lets screw our customers and we'll be successfull.Lot of hypnotism goin on.

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
Australia has only 23M population compare to the US which has 400M population.

The US has the shear buying power and large market to sustain the lower cost of goods.
:them:

We are a bees dick on the world population scale........which equates to manafacturers not giving a shit about us.........

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
Half the trouble is probably the importers of all this stuff.If we could just buy direct from US things would be a lot cheaper.Bring on Chinese Amsoil!

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Labor Govt increased the excise and import duties on oil imports. Also freight cost a small fortune.

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
Mobil 1 20w50 V twin on ebay for $95 for 6 quarts delivered.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Hey Shed thanks for your input buddy.Quick question,at the last Amsoil convention do you remember anyone with a soothing voice say look into my eyes ,look into my eyes,look into my eyes.It was only about a year ago when we were able to import our HD parts for about half price.Weird how dealers and manufacturers can only come up with lets screw our customers and we'll be successfull.Lot of hypnotism goin on.

Mate as long as Aussies line up to buy they will screw its not cost freight it's what the market will bear. So start buying off e bay after a while that will get "Corporates" attention.

When I was at MV Agusta even with staff price it was cheaper to buy parts over the net.

But for some things go to MCA Liverpool tell the Silver Fox your a mate of mine and he usually can do good!

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Tassie try Deamon works at Devenport. They use to be cheap.

Go in and say give me 6 brother lol

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
Yeah cool thanks Shed i hope Pee Wee doesnt take it the wrong way when i ask him to give me six.All the guys on the US side of the forum have access to discounted Amsoil from one of the members.Maybe if its asked this could happen here too ... so i did .We are all still listening to the crickets !

·
Registered
152 Posts
Amsoils doubles your drain interval and you use one oil filter for twice as long so it is cheaper or you can be like Matchy former HD warranty rep in Oz and use cheap arse Valvolin but he use to change it every couple of 000

Shit but a 30k bike and whinge about a bit of oil

Next you'll ride on bald tyres to get the most out of them.
Used nothing but Valvoline in my other bike a 1983 Kwaka z1300 six 29 years old now 300000 plus k's doesnt burn a drop. Must be cheap sh*t oil. It will do me used in all my cars had a V N Commodore body gave up before the motor did 400000 + k's.
Not hanging it on more expensive oils each to their own

·
Registered
603 Posts
Uber.Drive thanks mate will do...

And Tassie Tony just because they can..

41 - 60 of 64 Posts