Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
08 VROD VRSCAW
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an appointment scheduled for next week thursday to have a TTS installed but was told I need O2 sensors.
I have the original O2 sensors the previous owner gave me that were taken off when he installed the V&H 2-1 exhaust.

Can someone please link me to sensors I should buy so I can be prepared for the shop next thursday?

Thank you for your help

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I have an appointment scheduled for next week thursday to have a TTS installed but was told I need O2 sensors.
I have the original O2 sensors the previous owner gave me that were taken off when he installed the V&H 2-1 exhaust.

Can someone please link me to sensors I should buy so I can be prepared for the shop next thursday?

Thank you for your help
Which one are you after? NB or WB and which TTS do you have?
Ron

·
08 VROD VRSCAW
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which one are you after? NB or WB and which TTS do you have?
Ron
the shop installing is putting in a TTS mastertune I believe.
I have read WB O2 sensors are better for fine tuning than narrowband.
I have the original narrowband sensors but the shop I spoke to said wideband will not work with my bike...i believe that is what they said.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
the shop installing is putting in a TTS mastertune I believe.
I have read WB O2 sensors are better for fine tuning than narrowband.
I have the original narrowband sensors but the shop I spoke to said wideband will not work with my bike...i believe that is what they said.
You don't acutally install the TTS to the bike. You just use the software and the module to collect data. Sounds like they are not going to use the latest TTS which can use either NB or WB. All v rods that came with O2 sensors are capable of using WB via PV Target tune or even TTS latest version. They just unlock a feature already in the ECM so it will work. I will tell you this, the v rod cals in TTS are MT7 and are not the best. They cannot sample with NB sensors beyond about 5k accurately and at most 6k if lucky. They have no EGR tables either to make use of. I'm not sure if the no WB claim is in relation to the MT7 limitation or whatever. The narrow band sensors are all limited to 5-6k regardless but with PV, for some reason, I've gotten data at 7-8k as well. On my last experience with TTS and MT7 cals, if fell short in that area. I might add it was a dyno tune that ran like shit and I redid it for a friend via internet. WB will give you a full AFR tune. I'm thinking based on what the shop told you, I have to question the experience level at hand. If going with NB, I hope at least they trim the reducers to sample better. Going PV and Target Tune WB would be my choice for the best outcome.
Ron

·
08 VROD VRSCAW
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You don't acutally install the TTS to the bike. You just use the software and the module to collect data. Sounds like they are not going to use the latest TTS which can use either NB or WB. All v rods that came with O2 sensors are capable of using WB via PV Target tune or even TTS latest version. They just unlock a feature already in the ECM so it will work. I will tell you this, the v rod cals in TTS are MT7 and are not the best. They cannot sample with NB sensors beyond about 5k accurately and at most 6k if lucky. They have no EGR tables either to make use of. I'm not sure if the no WB claim is in relation to the MT7 limitation or whatever. The narrow band sensors are all limited to 5-6k regardless but with PV, for some reason, I've gotten data at 7-8k as well. On my last experience with TTS and MT7 cals, if fell short in that area. I might add it was a dyno tune that ran like shit and I redid it for a friend via internet. WB will give you a full AFR tune. I'm thinking based on what the shop told you, I have to question the experience level at hand. If going with NB, I hope at least they trim the reducers to sample better. Going PV and Target Tune WB would be my choice for the best outcome.
Ron
The shop is "Reflections Ypsilanti, Michigan"

Have you heard anything with regard to their tuner work? They certify every year to my understanding and seemed really serious about doing things proper. The shop owner was knowledgable with regard to PV, Power Commander, etc and explained to me why he preferred TTS...given I am lamen, I cant tell you what he told me but he seemed very knowledgeable.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
The shop is "Reflections Ypsilanti, Michigan"

Have you heard anything with regard to their tuner work? They certify every year to my understanding and seemed really serious about doing things proper. The shop owner was knowledgable with regard to PV, Power Commander, etc and explained to me why he preferred TTS...given I am lamen, I cant tell you what he told me but he seemed very knowledgeable.
TTS is one of the best but not for the v rod. Steve Cole never updated the v rod calibrations to the point where I can make that claim in this case. To not tune with WB is leaving a lot on the table. Now it's entirely possible he is using the later version TTS and will tune with WB first, then touch up the tune with NB after and those will be the sensors you will run with. That short ass pipe will however force the tuner to place quite a bit of the tune in open loop to keep the low end stable . There are many ways to accomplish the task and quite often some of this info is not passed on to the owner of the bike. Let us know how it pans out and it will most likely be fine.
Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts