Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 08 should be here in a week and I was wondering if there were any acceseries for the 08 yet. I want black pipes but not sure were to look for them. This is my first Harley and want to stick with the all black look.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
:vrodforu:

Many parts from previous years will fit the 08, so you have plenty of parts available, but the pipes for 08 have o2 sensors which previous years did not. I don't know of any aftermarket pipes that are available for the 08's yet, but I'm sure it won't take long.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The slash cuts from tab fit my 08 DX. They sound and look awesome.... www.tabperformance.com and click on nightrod special.

But, I took them off because I can't find a fuel manager to tune my bike. Powercomander doesn't have a date but they do know it's going to be a new part number and the PCIII does not like the 02 sensors on the 08. The SERT is going to be ready for the 08's in mid September or so says two of my local harley dealers. Tab performances fuel manager will be ready in about a month or so says Todd at TAB.

Good luck and enjoy the bike. I love it. Two dudes in a mercedes pulled up next to me and wouldn't go away today...they were just staring at my bike LOL. When they started swerving because of rubbernecking I dropped it and popped it and watched them disappear in my rearview.

:ride:

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
get used to riding it before the mods, gives you a better reference point IMHO

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
V&H still hasn't made a decesion on '08 fitment yet. I agree with powergod ride it first. If it is sound you want drill the pipes and get a race tuner.

·
Registered
309 Posts
One of the best and easiest fixes I made was with the headlight. The stock high beam sucks so you couple it with the low beam and you actually have a headlight you can see something with. See the HOW TO section.

·
Registered
68 Posts
COVROD said:
One of the best and easiest fixes I made was with the headlight. The stock high beam sucks so you couple it with the low beam and you actually have a headlight you can see something with. See the HOW TO section.
I agree the headlight sucks. I swapped in a PIAA GTX Plasma H4 and damn what a difference. Just don't touch the glass on the bulb. They don't last very long if you do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts