Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

With the winter months soon approaching it's tail end the restlessness to get the bike on the road has already begun.

In addition to other aesthetic changes, changing my mirrors has become both an aesthetic as well as practical initiative.

I bought a pair of Arlen Ness four Point mirrors only to realize they are "micro" mirrors and serve absolutely zero practical use.

I for one like to use my mirrors when riding unlike many who may believe they serve little purpose. Yet my shoulders and elbows distort my vision on the stock mirrors.

I was considering the Arlen Ness Rad III which are a bit larger but don't think they serve the purpose much either.

Anyone got any recommendations on a good mix between aesthetic and practicality?

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
Any of the bar end mirrors. I have converted both of my V-rods and my Mom's to bar ends from Joker Machine because of how well they work and look. :notworth:

·
Registered
731 Posts
Most people think I should invert mine, but I really like them the way they are. The mirrors are from Joker Machine and they are somewhat convex and the visibility is excellent. Particularly being upright versus flipped. I like that they have a kind of retro Cafe look. :thumb:

Phatass

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
skip to the end, get the bar ends. Sharkey has a group buy.......

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked out the Joker Bar end ones, they look awesome.

But I just picked up some joker marker lights and they'll be on the other end of the mirrors.

Might be too much on the handle bar!

But I do like the mirrors!

Any of the bar end mirrors. I have converted both of my V-rods and my Mom's to bar ends from Joker Machine because of how well they work and look. :notworth:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree thats a neat look for sure...another good option!!!

Thanks!

Most people think I should invert mine, but I really like them the way they are. The mirrors are from Joker Machine and they are somewhat convex and the visibility is excellent. Particularly being upright versus flipped. I like that they have a kind of retro Cafe look. :thumb:

Phatass

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hiya mate, Do you know what model your mirrors were.?

I checked the joker site and found the bar end and the folding bar end but yours seem to sit straight up and are different from the folding mirror on joker' site

Cheers

Phatass

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hiya mate, Do you know what model your mirrors were.?

I checked the joker site and found the bar end and the folding bar end but yours seem to sit straight up and are different from the folding mirror on joker' site

Cheers

They are Viewtech 8's from Joker Machine. But you are correct, for some reason he is not listing them. They have recently redesigned some aspect of their mirrors, I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Phatass

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I run Arlen ness mini ovals flipped under the Bars. even with my Modular helmet they are easy to get a good glance at. I use my Mirrors a lot as the Work van I drive all day has issues so now I'm just use to doing so and the bike is no different.

I found the trick is to run the arms parallel with the levers not the bars to get a good angle and a better site line.

·
VRSC est -03
2,905 Posts
Mirror..

Hmm, looks like the MoCo are saving money in all end$..

The genuine stem is too short, I cut off mine with a grinder
and welded in 2" longer stem between. Sprayed it in black
colour= looks as stock but NOW its functionel! Cheap mod too..

·
Registered
379 Posts
I bought the same mirrors and was shocked at how small they actually were. I didn't even bother putting them on the bike - but man they looked GOOD!!

I ended up going with the Joker Machine Low Brow mirrors. They look good and you get a pretty good view of what's behind you.

·
Vic Jacoby
1,459 Posts
I bought the same mirrors and was shocked at how small they actually were. I didn't even bother putting them on the bike - but man they looked GOOD!
Which ones, the Arlen Ness? Interested in selling?

·
Registered
976 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the Viewtech 8's and the Viewtech 6 by Joker are my two favorites so far.

Two different styles to pick from.

The bar end mirrors are the next option

·
Chad
263 Posts
Not sure, thats why I havn't spent the $ yet. I'm sure they are for 7/8" O.D. bars, but was thinkin a 1 inch piece of copper tubing with a cut in it (for expantion) would make a good/easy sleeve.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think I've narrowed it down to the Viewtech Low Brows as Option 1 and the Bar end as Option 2.

Anyone here interested in selling their Black Viewtech 6 Low Brows??? Id love to try them out.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Crg

without a doubt CRG. I like how they can be folded in so if your parked in a crowd they don't get clipped or if you need to store your bike thru a doorway it makes it much easier. Vision is 1st rate. I got my from Podium Superbikes. Great to deal with.

mirrors.jpg

1 - 20 of 36 Posts