Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Pulling your strings
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all:
What made you choose the Night Rod over the rest of the family?

Me - mid controls with highway pegs stock, the look of the ferring sets it apart from the other rods, and the price was right.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Agreed, Master-
For me, it was the mid-controls and highway pegs.
And NOT the 26 year old blond salesperonette...

·
Registered
375 Posts
well, for me it was mostly the deal i got. i know a guy who knows a guy who owns a dealership....
anyway, i liked the d and the dx more than any others. i don't really care for the way the instrument cluster sticks up on the other models. i like the way it's hidden on the d. i was tossed up on the mid controls. at first i wanted forward controls, but now i really enjoy the 'other' foot position that i have to choose from. it's great to be able to move around a bit by adjusting my foot position while riding down the road. i find that my feet are on the highway pegs 75% of the time, but i like having the mids.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
I really wanted an R, but after the test ride, I didn't want it so much anymore. There was a D there so I took it for a ride and fell in love. Everything was right where it should be...the bike fit perfect. I saw that it was available in denim and the dealer just happened to have gotten one in that week (even the salesman didn't know it was in). It had everything I wanted in a bike except the lean angle. Turns out I didn't need the lean angle so much as I've only scraped a foot peg once.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Black Frame
Black Motor

·
Banned
868 Posts
masterofpuppets said:
Title says it all:
What made you choose the Night Rod over the rest of the family?

Me - mid controls with highway pegs stock, the look of the ferring sets it apart from the other rods, and the price was right.
What you said and black
Dan

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
All the Black and the fact that it didnt look like a bug when you looked at it from the front. Unlike A models.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
:rofl: I chose the Street Rod because.....woops wrong bike

·
Registered
267 Posts
I initially wanted an R model since all of my previous bikes have been sportbikes. However, the high seat height and having to lean to reach the bars turned me a bit off. The A model is very nice and I came very close to buying the local dealer's demo bike, but the forward controls were not comfortable for me (30" inseam). Anyway, the dealer had a leftover D model on the floor that I really liked. After taking it for a demo ride, I was sold. The lower seat height and mid mount pegs just felt natural to me.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just went into the dealership to say I had looked at everything else before I went to buy a Rocket III. Saw the black denim D and bought it on the spot. Just look at one. I don't think HD or anyone else makes a bike as beautiful. By the way I always thought the Rocket was ugly. Just loved the thought of that huge motor!

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
I've always wanted a NightTrain, but when i saw the black denim vrscd at the dealer i put down my deposit. i didn't even think of a test ride. also i loved the black fram, drag look and mid controls.

·
Ajax99nfg
326 Posts
I was going to buy a Buell and saw a print ad for the Nightrod (of course in denim black) and was sold. I went to the local dealer and test rode it and made the deal right there, I can honestly say it is the best bike I have ever ridden.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Went in thinking I would get an 'R', decided on the 'D' after sitting on both. Wanted mids for the twisties, but also to be able to sit back and cruise all day.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I gave quite a bit of though to it before I bought my D. The riding position was very important and I really liked the flat black. Ironically, as much as I was sure the DX was the one for me, when I saw it up close, sat on it and compared it to the D, I eventually gravitated to the D.

I sat on all the models they had in the show room (D, R, DX, AW, and an SE). I didn't like the riding position of the DX or the R. I liked the D and was blown away by the Denim Black and chrome.

I went back a few days in a row and looked at both of them. I compared minute details and made a list of what I liked about both bikes. The major selling points for the D were: Denim Black paint, mid controls, and I like the chrome. After almost a week I concluded the D was the one!

·
↓my kid & pet
510 Posts
imo they are the best looking V Rods. they are also the most sporty V without the sport bike seat height. it also fits the personality of my Mustang. fast yet you can cruise in it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Its the best looking and most practical of the vrods. Midcontrols w/highway pegs and better exhaust than the standard vrod. No ugly ****** headlight. I like the black frame and black engine. The 180 rear tire is not as "fashionable" as the 240, but its more practical. The NRS is too low to the ground and the handlebars are back killaz. The word "nightrod" sounds better than "vrod". The streetrod is too tall, and you can't stretch out ur legs. The black spoke wheels on the nightrod are the best looking of the lot. Shall I continue...?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts