Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Looked at Hogworkz and Alteredstates led headlight setups. Very pricey for a Canadian to buy then ship. Plus, there is usually the surprise of duty fees when UPS guy shows up. So what's a less expensive way to go for us Canucks.?

·
Registered
482 Posts
I’ve tried a couple of the Chinese eBay specials... and sent them back. Cold spots, no real difference lope to high- and ended up spending the money on a hogworkz. Love it... just not the price tag. But... worth it in the end

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wisamic led halo off ebay/amazon ,daymaker copy...super bright had no issues so far ,plug and play,a little snug in the bucket but for the cost difference it's a no brainer ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’ve tried a couple of the Chinese eBay specials... and sent them back. Cold spots, no real difference lope to high- and ended up spending the money on a hogworkz. Love it... just not the price tag. But... worth it in the end
$500 is a tough hit to take for a headlight though, ( by the time it gets to me with exchange etc )

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yea pre face-lift stuff a bit cheaper too,prob get the retro cowl /light and bucket/bracket for less than the over priced "upgrade" ....

·
Registered
482 Posts
$500 is a tough hit to take for a headlight though, ( by the time it gets to me with exchange etc )
Yeh- that part sucks. I will say, I also tried led bulbs in the stock housing before I went that route too.. didn’t like them either. Maybe check out the one Shafty has listed?

·
Registered
2012 VRSCF
48 Posts
So, Looked at Hogworkz and Alteredstates led headlight setups. Very pricey for a Canadian to buy then ship. Plus, there is usually the surprise of duty fees when UPS guy shows up. So what's a less expensive way to go for us Canucks.?
Welcome to our world for the discontinued/barely supported V-Rod. Same boat. This site is super helpful but 99% USA so evertime I find something, it's a huge price difference (exchange plus int'l shipping/duty/taxes) or will simply not ship outside USA. I've bookmarked a bunch of stuff and will start the accumulation as the supply will only go down, and the cost will only go up for anything and everything V-Rod...

For the headlight, that one Shafty posted seems like a good option for the price. Although the Hogworkz option is very appealing. The stock headlight sucks balls and I can/will only ride after dark with hi-beams on until I upgrade.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts