Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to motorcycles and know very little about them. I just got my hands on a 2016 VRSCDX two days ago and today I saw a rubber hose coming down from the bottom of the bike. Does anybody know what it is? can I cut it just a little? I feel it's too long. (see picture)
thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
870 Posts
I am new to motorcycles and know very little about them. I just got my hands on a 2016 VRSCDX two days ago and today I saw a rubber hose coming down from the bottom of the bike. Does anybody know what it is? can I cut it just a little? I feel it's too long. (see picture)
thanks in advance!
You have two hoses there. One should be the expansion tank for coolant.(where u put water in under the shell where the fuel tank would normally be) The other is a fuel tank vent.(under the seat) It should not be that long unless someone changed it. Make sure one of them did not come a loose. If they are connected then its ok to cut it. I am thinking one is not connected. The reason it may be disconnected is because the engine will eventually sit on them hoses keeping the tanks from venting. If its anything like mines was. And welcome to the forum.

·
F2NV
1,786 Posts
Yea, that is way too long. I think mine pop out maybe an inch. Check the connection and adjust as needed.

·
Tie One On
1,647 Posts
thanks in advance!
it is bike foreskin cut it short

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.