Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Guys, I'm ignorant on these terms! My Vrod came with a stage one download( Not sure what this is)? Can someone give a simple explaination of these tuner terms used on this site to educate some us guys who are use to points, rotors, condensers and timing lights???Maybe Max could make this a Sticky post? How about it? Pleading ignorant! Fred :confused: :confused: :banghead: :D :cheers:

·
Registered
118 Posts
fredfryguy said:
OK Guys, I'm ignorant on these terms! My Vrod came with a stage one download( Not sure what this is)? Can someone give a simple explaination of these tuner terms used on this site to educate some us guys who are use to points, rotors, condensers and timing lights???Maybe Max could make this a Sticky post? How about it? Pleading ignorant! Fred :confused: :confused: :banghead: :D :cheers:
Fred, as I understand it, the power commander is an auxilary addition to whatever ECM you may be using. It has leads that plug in to the leads of your current ECM and over ride that message your ECM is sending to what you would call a carberator. Once you've installed the PC (its just a link between the wiring) you can hook up the PC to a laptop and run the program. There are various programs (or maps) that are sent with the PC that you can program to over ride your ECM and make you bike more productive. On the VROD your bike must be running when you do this. It is a matter of taking your mouse and clicking on the map who's lines most come into alignment with how your bike is running at idle. From there, ride your bike. If you don't like the performance, you can come back and reload a new map. Or you can put it on a dyno, here it costs you money and you get no seat time, experiment, thats what it's all about. Heck, of a lot simpler than re-jetting the carbs. Once you do it, its easy, you'll want to play with it every weekend

1 - 3 of 3 Posts