Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
4 real

Yeah, the mirror-stems on the F really suck. Replaced my left one already. Design concept is good, but the aluminum threading cancels quality fosho. They should've made them of a lighter gauge steel @ the very least. JR

·
Registered
69 Posts
Condensation got in mine

I just had the right one replaced 2 days ago. I rode in the rain, condensation got in, and the signal quit working...sporadically of course. It was annoying because when I hit the right signal sometimes it would flash fast, and the alarm light would flash in sync.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have had my bike less than a year. the stem keeps coming loose and needs to be tightened very carefully so not to crack it.

Now one mirror is not tight on the ball bearing swivel part attached to the mirror. It blows around in the wind. I'm brining it in to the dealer tomorrow, since I have been unable to tighten it.

I'll ask for them to fix it under warranty or replace it under warranty and see what I can actually get done.

One of us should send a B/O mirror via over night mail to Willie Davidson and ask him to do something about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts