Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

HOW MANY MILES DO YOU GET FROM A TANK BEFORE THE LOW FUEL WARNING LIGHT COMES ON?

• 60-70

Votes: 27 13.2%
  • 70-80

Votes: 87 42.6%
  • 80-100

Votes: 78 38.2%
  • 100 PLUS

Votes: 12 5.9%
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
V-Fred,

My Low Fuel Light has always come on at the 1/4 tank mark which has been more or less consistent with 80 miles of riding since the last fill-up. I have hit the empty mark at 110 miles and my bike will take 2.9 - 3 gallons at that point, which means that I probably could have been able to ride an extra 8-10 miles before running dry.
That being said, this scenario is all prior to the Fuel Flange Fix, which is being done "as we speak" (my bike is at the dealer now for this re-work), so unfortunately I will not be able to tell if there's a difference until I can ride it in the spring.
In any case, it seems to me that what you are seeing now (after the fix) is very similar to what I was seeing before the fix. And per the poll results, so far, it looks like your new condition seems to be the "normal" one.

I would bet that the fuel tank total volume is 3.7 gallon, but once you substract the volume taken by the pump, it probably becomes more like 3.5 gal (just a "guestimate"), this also needs to be taken into account.

In any case, I'm anxious now to see how my bike behaves after the fix. I'm really hoping there is no difference (unless it is for a more accurate reading).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.