Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the ECM was "Flashed" and I didn't know it then added a V&H fuel Pak? Would e

Bought an 06 Night Rod. It's all stock. Has the top removed and a vance and hines fuel pac. The IAT sensor is in the area of the intake. I have bought new coils, (front and back), spark plugs (NGK), and the V&H.
I contacted V&H and told them about the air filter and the topless set up. They gave me a list of codes that made the bike run a LOT better. But I have to tell you guys that I don't think the bike is getting anywhere near the output that it should have. It's a bit faster than my 1999 carbed Dyna Super Glide but not much...

Is it possible that the guy who owned it before had a bunch of mods done, had it re-mapped, flashed or whatever, then removed the mods and sold me the bike with the bad flash? If so then adding the V/H fuel pac helped but doesn't it adjust from the base readings of the ECM?

How can I check and make sure I have a good starting point?

And do you know what the compression is supposed to be on these bikes?

I'm running out of ideas.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
if the exhaust system is oem standard then put thetop back on and take the fuel pac off and go to a dealer who can flash a standard map in the ecm .that way you have a base line you can start at.there is no point in trying to guess where you are at with the tune.the stage one flash was good for minor exhaust mods like the se pipes etc and will also suffice for air box changes.at 10000 miles i just cant see there being much wrong with compressions or sensors.this is the cheapest way to go in my oponion.

·
The Hawk
3,772 Posts
The dealer can read the flash number with their equipment and can tell you whether it is stock or one of the HD flashes. If you know someone with a SERT they can do that as well.

Mike

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know it's a long shot but do yo know of anyone on or near KY that works on these bikes?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts