Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyones opinion of the best replacement tire for my 09 Night Rod? Should i stick with the 240 or go to the avon 250? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
I have the metz and cant complain either

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Best tyre would probably be the Metz or Avon 240.

If you don't mind the theoretical disadvantages of a heavier, wider tyre, Metz 260 or Avon 250 (about the same width). You should probably switch to a matching front at the same time - at least I would.

Main thing is to avoid the Dunlops.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I really like my Pirelli Night Dragons, but most people seem to buy the Metz and Avons. Anything is better than stockers. I don't see a big difference side by side with a 250 and 260 versus the pirelli 240. I have parked them side by side mounted and it is hard to see a noticeable difference. Pirelli, Metzler, and Avon are all good reputable tire companies.

·
Registered
976 Posts
My 2009 Nightrod Special has enough clearance (just) to fit the Metzeler 260 without modification. See photo:

Phatass
Was there a handling difference with the wider tire ?

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Avon 250 on mine, swapped the front as well. Have to say I like it much better.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Pirelli, Metz, Avon, Bridgestone, Continental, and now Michelin..... Best part is that no matter what other brand tire you switch to even the 300mm tires weigh less than the 240 Dunlop

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
It seems to be everyone has a thought on what is the best. I have rode one with a 260 metz, and now mine with the 250 avons either way they both seem better than the stockers. Just choose what you like. Price may matter, it did for me I wasn't sure metz or avon. Although with all the discounts and the rebate avon had going I couldn't pass it up.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Not the greatest picture, but you get the idea.
250 Avon Cobra

Attachments

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts