Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i recently bought a boss noss kit and currently run a t-max. i was wondering what others use for a tuner on their bikes to work with the boss noss kit's tuner. what you like/dont like about your bikes tuner in relation of handling the NO2 tuner. i was just seeing if some worked better than others.
any feed back is appreciated

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
I thought the Boss-Noss came with it's own controller?

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry, im a little tired and never explained my question very well.
im talking the tuner for the bike its self. im a little worried about the t-max auto tune function when i apply the nitrous. i was just wondering what tuner for the v-rod works best with the tuner the the NO2 kit from boss noss

i hope i clarified my question better

·
TURBONATOR
1,366 Posts
You might want to call Zippers and see what they have to say. I would assume it wouldn't be the first time that question has been asked and they should know the answer right off the bat.
Are you wanting to run the noss at the track?

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I know for a fact that Zippers tested the TMAX on a nitrous bike and continues to do so. Definitely shoot James a call or email.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts

·
Soul Stumpy
2,186 Posts
I use the screamin eagle super tuner. Works well, but if I was gonna buy one today, I'd probably go for the thundermax or the TTS. Some members have reported good results from the t-max, the TTS is much like the supertuner (no auto-tune), but with more options.

·
Banned
868 Posts
I put a power commander on my bike right after I got it and then when I got the BossNoss I just piggybacked it onto my PC. Still running it that way after three full racing seasons.
Dana

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have decided to run the VRFID3. I will be able to set up RPM windows, WOT windows, and retard the timing when spraying.

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i did call james at t-max and there is no good way to run the two together.

i want to get this system as fool proof as possible

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
i did call james at t-max and there is no good way to run the two together.

i want to get this system as fool proof as possible
Yeah right...I can hear it now, "How do I pull the engine?"

Just be a little conservative and you should be alright.

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah right...I can hear it now, "How do I pull the engine?"

Just be a little conservative and you should be alright.
haha but yes i do not want to push any thing

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not sure yet, still snow on the ground. Scott will be shipping the VRFI3 around the first of March. Once it is nice out side, i will need to make a solid map for the bike before i start spraying. Once i do all that, i will post my results.

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Not sure yet, still snow on the ground. Scott will be shipping the VRFI3 around the first of March. Once it is nice out side, i will need to make a solid map for the bike before i start spraying. Once i do all that, i will post my results.
Thank you buddy!

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
please keep us posted...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts