Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lifetime Member
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know 280mm. But what is the actual width on a 10" and 10.5" rim?

I have a fender that I want to make double sure will fit if I do the 280 kit sometime in the future.

Let me know

DJ

·
JeffC 1/2 to 300mph!
5,733 Posts
On a 10 1/2" rim it will measure about 10 1/2"

I'll see if there's a pic here on my wifes camera of it.

·
JeffC 1/2 to 300mph!
5,733 Posts
Here's a pic of mine- not a great pic but, you can see the fender I made which is pretty wide- but short.

It's interesting looking at the pics of the 280 Metz and the 300 Avon. The Avon looks to be more rounded and of course it has a higher overall dimension.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
JSC said:
Here's a pic of mine- not a great pic but, you can see the fender I made which is pretty wide- but short.

It's interesting looking at the pics of the 280 Metz and the 300 Avon. The Avon looks to be more rounded and of course it has a higher overall dimension.
The Avon is a better tire.:blahblah:

·
Banned
787 Posts
JSC,
You could not use a 300 on your bike the way it is now. Your 280 is already rubbing the frame on both sides of the tire where the shocks mount. A 300 is both taller and wider and you would actually dig into the tire and bite chunks out of it. The only way to not rub your tire other than putting struts on and having 0 suspension or putting some air shocks on and keeping them aired up so hard that they feel like struts is to actually widen your frame. This will allow you to have some suspension travel since the tire would then be able to ride inside the frame where your shocks mount.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts