Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In other discussions I have discussed the incessant stalling and vibration of my 2003 Vrod that I acquired some 3 weeks ago. I have had a problem with my dealer to schedule a look see and the date that I have from them is April 26th but I have succeeded in getting an earlier date with another dealer for April 14th.

Today I went to the selling dealer and told them that I believed that their was an ECM problem with my bike that perhaps was incorrectly or not applied when the exhaust upgrade was done. I requested somewhat vigorously that they at least check what was currently installed. They agreed to do so and wheeled it in and hooked it up.

I was not allowed in the shop but from where I was standing I was able to see what was going on. Soon there were about 5 techs or so standing around the computer screen discussing their findings and scratching heads. I then heard one say that it looks like we have the wrong download installed. This all took about 45 minutes.

Soon I was able to speak to the Shop Supervisor who informed me that perhaps my guess was correct and that the ECM that was installed was not what should be and the one they need they do not have, cannot download from HD for some reason, will order a cartridge and install next week.

From what I could see and understand(all from memory) as they would not give me the printouts they had, that I currently have Cart.P/n 32026-02 with Cal Id of 32008-02.
They implied that I should have 32026-02A with a Cal Id of 32008-02a.

My question is, could this incorrect ECM cause the intense stalling(probably 40 times or so the past couple of weeks) and perhaps even the what I consider severe vibration that I constantly feel thru my hand grips, foot pegs and seat at virtually all RPM, whether moving or at rest.

My problems are discussed at length on this forum under sxrxrnr tech strings of "stalling" and "Vibrations"

Bike is a 2003 with SE Exhaust and 30 tooth gear with less then 250 miles.

Thank you for any advice
Roger
Milpitas, Ca

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
I have an 03 here in CA and I rode my bike with an SE filter and Rinehart exhaust with no download for 2 days and it was fine. Didn't stall at all until the fuel flange got to me. Did the dealer ever replace that? Do you give the bike enough gas to start off? The 30t pulley is hard to get used to when you come off a big twin. Get the 28T you'll love it. As far as your vibration, who knows PM me and explain it more.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Roger - I read your thread here and on the 'other' site. Sure sounds like a bad flash. Regarding vibration - once you get the revs up (when broken in), the vibration should go away. The 'Rod doesn't like running below 3k rpm. And it will be worse with a bad flash. Lets hope when they get the right flash loaded, it runs as sweet as most of ours do.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
32026-02A is the updated flash P/N for an '03 w/ SE slip-on exhaust and 30T sprocket. The other P/N is an earlier version. It should have worked as well.

Are you running topless? If so, where did you place the IAT sensor?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts