Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at either an 06 or 07 in blue. I think the blue color is a little different between the two years but I like both of them.

I won't be buying for about 3-5 months but I am wanting to get an idea on what prices are decent.

The dealer has a brand new 06 in chopper blue for 13k. Thhat seems a little high being I thought they were 14 or 15k msrp.

So as for new and used prices whats a decent price for either a 06-07 and what should I plan on paying either from a dealer or private party?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm sure the price you pay will differ from region to region based on the demand for the V -ROD . I paid $14,995 for my '07 Night Rod. Came with the optional 10 spoke wheels ($495 option), no extra cost. Got the dealer to waive the standard freight and prep charge that goes for around $500. I probably could have gotten a better deal if I haggled and "worked" the salesman the way I usually do when I buy a car , but I figured "F_ck it" its my first Harley and I wanted this bike BAD. I didn't want the experience and good feelings ruined over a few hundred bucks.

Some one told me there was a HD dealer in northern Jersey who couldn't give the bikes away and was ultimately selling them at near invoice cost. Probably $13,495 for brand new V Rod. No matter what you pay , just get the bike. You are absolutely going to fall in love with it.

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
You can go to NADA and choose new or used and find the high / low prices. This may give some bargaining room at the table for a used bike. Looks like some of the dealers here in KC are starting to unload their 07 inventory so there are already deals to be had if you take one off their showroom floor.

http://www.nadaguides.com/SectionHome.aspx?LI=1-28-0-5000-502-565-50214&l=1&w=23&p=0&f=5600

It is at least a source for figuring out how much something is worth, not necessarily the definitive source.

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
V-rods don't sell well at all in North Central ND. I paid $15,000 for mine new in 01/07 and that was a "good price" for here.

PattiO

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got my '06 (stock) brand new with full warranty for 12K. This is my first Harley! I budgeted for 14K so i figured i couldn't pass it up knowing all the upgrades i planned to do. So now i am doing a full exhaust system upgrade without feeling guilty about the cost.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Wedensday I am picking up an 06 with 2800 miles on it, D&D exhaust, seats, sissy bar, luggage rack, windshield, grips, pegs, chrome package in Cobalt blue for $12,500. That is in Spokane, WA. Seemed like a good deal and also getting the stock parts to turn around and sell on ebay or CL.

Private party sale, so that may make a difference.

Glenn

·
Registered
28 Posts
Price

Got mine in Dec 06, 10 spoke wheels, chrome engine package for 12,900.00.

·
----->
7,589 Posts
I'd say the one you negotiate and walk out happy would be the best price. You got a few figures to go with. Happy negotiating.

·
Riding the Rev
1,523 Posts
Are these prices OTD or do you still have prep and docs etc to add in. What would therefore be a good OTD for a new 07 Night rod?

·
Registered
14 Posts
harleyharry said:
The local dealer here in mass has two "D"'s $14,995 for the one in black and $15,200 for the one in blue.
I guess they (I assume you mean Kelly's) are having a sale to make room for the 2008s because I bought my 07D two weeks ago for $13K flat (no setup or freight). Plus, it has the polished chrome engine covers. There were two others with the 10 spoke wheel option (no chrome engine) that were the same price.

I couldn't afford NOT to buy it! At least that's what I keep telling myself.:broke:

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
NightStar said:
Are these prices OTD or do you still have prep and docs etc to add in. What would therefore be a good OTD for a new 07 Night rod?
14-16K with chrome engine kit and wheel upgrade!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Cowboy Harley on I 35 in the south part of Austin had numerous left over models when I purchased mine. I wound up driving to Beaumont to pick it up at the COwboy Harley there as I wanted the denim black bike. But, I wil say the Sales Mgr in Austin was very anxious to get rid of the v-rods. There must have been a dozen of them in stock upstairs. He started by asking for 13,900 for a new 06 at the time but agreed to come down to 12,9995. I got the feeling there was even more wiggle room considering how many he had in sotck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got my 2007 with the security system for 16,500 OTD. The bike was not on the floor the dealer had to pick it up at another dealer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts