Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, new to forum. i am a auto mech but been out of the bike game for awhile. this weekend i will be looking at a 2005 v-rod w/ 1,800m. title but never registered, garage kept, dusty and sitting a long time, would have to go through it just like a car that has been sitting but i have no idea of its value. they are asking $5,500. thoughts/opinions. thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
honestly sounds about right, its a great price imo. i paid 6500 for mine with 6500 miles on it last year. but it was in super good condition original everything. did need to replace front tire cause of tire rot. if it needs tires id shoot for 5k.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Depends which model VRSC you are looking at. The highest price Model (VRSCA) Blue book value in good condition is only at $4000. VRSCB is less than that.y
5500 overpriced. Go with a 2008 or later year. Better brakes, larger engine, larger fuel cell, Slipper Clutch, improved/ updated transmission, better cylinder heads, higher capacity battery,

·
EXCELSIOR
8,459 Posts
Not a bad price for the low mileage. Yeah the later models do have some upgrades but I've had two pre 2006 models and have enjoyed them both. Of the things above mentioned, the extra displacement you won't notice, the early brakes are just as good, it was just financially less expensive for HD to go with Brembo beginning in 2006, batteries of any type need replacement after 4-5 years, unless you ride seriously hard you won't notice lack of a slipper clutch, the 2005 has the upgraded shift fork for 4th gear and the improved coolant overflow bottle. The only real deterrent is the smaller gas tank.
You'll want to go through it as you already mentioned, fluids change, check rubber items etc., new battery, all the things that you already expect.

·
VRSC est -03
2,759 Posts
There are no "bad" years of V-rod. Most boil down to 240 vs 180 tires. And mid vs forward pegs ...
Love `em all (y) .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts