Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I went hands on over the holidays. You know I just wanted to pay it off before putting in some heave hours into the bike. I think I was able to afford this machine because some parts aren't quite finest. And of course the rings / knurling on the revised front struts up tubes. Is for a softer looking melt like the exhaust. But I like though masses triple trees. And my square into round Aluminum handlebars. So I went for the deep chrome look that highly polish aluminum can give you. I worked on all the sand casting that I could see. And got that CNC shine off the rim's

Attachments

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more pic.

I'm better on bikes then conputers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
nice work!!!!!!:notworth:

·
Registered
544 Posts
Love it !

·
Registered
375 Posts
I had the pleasure of meeting up with Vice Grip this weekend -- he is one cool kat -- and I have to tell you, those pictures do NOT do the bike justice. The amount of work he put into polishing all of that aluminum is mind boggling, but the end result is the finest looking front end I have seen on any muscle. It really transforms the look, and I agree that it really brings out the mass of the forks/triple tree and the handlebars.

VERY WELL DONE!

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
.....only prob is you will have to do it every couple months......go black !!!!
Hay Big Tony :hidesbeh: I know that ruff unfinish aluminum is known as its casting skin. But I wount have to take the skin off every few months. It wont grow back? If your lite on your Mother's she could grow Dull.... But she'll never ....Go Black?:ride:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Love it! I am a polished aluminum guy, too. Once you know how to do it, black seems like the easy way out. I like to see it shine! This looks great! Joe

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those are some good looking pups!

The Dark Dog ride's I made up an air box cover so he can lay down on it. I stretch out an old leather over the muscle's air box and I put an old sheep skin in between the paint and quilted lining for some padding. Then I Velcro it to the inside to keep a clean look. He like's to ride and wears my clears. The only time he has ever jumped off was when we stopped for a heard of Elk crossing the road he was quickly out numbered and got right back on. Ill get some video of him this summer. My Alpha bitch hates to get in or on anything that moves. She needs to keep her paws and nose on the ground at all times. A real hunter she is truly phenomenal. I got them both from Westerner Washington Weimaraner rescue. I have treat trained them. They are good hounds.:rj:

Attachments

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
The Dark Dog ride's ...
Super Cool!
Gave up riding with Ruffus when he got so long he looked like an upside-down question mark, curled up on the tank of the Brick. I'm way too short-legged to ride safely from the pillion, or, more correctly, if I sat back there I'd be too short-armed to ride safely.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No gator582 I sit down in the seat his rear feet are on the air box when we ride. So he is on my lap and the tip of the seat and on the air box in between my arm's. I can't see my gages but we only ride out in the county. He just go's crazy when I put on his tank till he gets his ride. He stays with the bike when I get gas he wont let anyone near the muscle. It has only been the two of us riding so no video. But IGotcha is on his way back from Dallas right now. On his turbo muscle Ill get him to get some video of us.

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
Couldn't get Ruffus to get his rear feet under him; he'd twist around so that his rear legs were hanging off the right side, on top of my right leg, and then his front end would tend to slide left, off the tank, so I was essentially having to hold him in place and I didn't feel in control having to do that. I tried a piece of carpet on top of the padded full tank bra but it didn't seem to make any difference.

Looking forward to pics/vids!

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It would seem to me the smoother the surface you start with the sweeter the final results would be. Down on though knuckles I started with jewelers files lots of inside and out side curves. I wound not trust power tools in there one nick and it could take hours to file out or touch the tube and never be able to fix it. Better a firm hand and a good eye then regrets because I nicked it. I then started in on a procession of sandpaper starting with 220 down to 2000 somewhere in there your going to want to stop for powder coating but I think go all the way down 2000 for paint. I would like to try candy's on polish aluminum to see if I could get that matchbox cars colors. Do they make a candy in black? That mite look like black chrome? I'm not a paint thrower but I do like to experiment. :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts