Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A car lost its tire/rim and it was in travel lane and hard to see until too late and I layed my bike down. No broken bones, just broken bike. Check out my front rim in the gallery. If you go into my gallery beware a few bloody shots and one NWS shot of road rash and brusing on my bottom. All is well, just this sucks during the body recovery process. Was out of hospital in about five hours. Again warning if you look at all shots some are NWS. For those who have not been able to post yet about their accidents yet, hoping a speedy and pain free recovery.
http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/browseimages.php?do=searchresults&searchid=21633

David

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
Glad you fared as well as you did!

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
Hope you heal quickly too! Keep up the positive spirits!

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
david..

OUCH.. sheesh.. what is wrong with ppl out there this is like your second acident..

heal quick.. i am sure it looks worse than it is right?

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
Ouch... heal quickly dude....

I think I'm going to start wearing my Draggin' Jeans more.

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its just proving that letting my kids be older is not enough, I may like I keep thinking about need to live in a smaller city. On the chance the bike is totaled, I am most likely going to wait till I live else where. On what is wrong with ppl, I am being a slow learner about how people are here. First one runs a red light, and now a car lost a wheel. Looks like my sign has arrivied " not safe to ride in the Summerlin area of Las Vegas"

BTW for those who, like what I did, and choose not to wear ATGATT, I was riding within the speed limit and just riding home from work. I paid for letting my guard down. Look what the helmet did to save my jaw line. Also check out the brusing and road rash. I hope this helps even if it is only one person.

David

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
Damn looks like you took a pretty good beating, but any bike crash you can walk away from is a good one. You are going to be sore for weeks! Good luck and heal fast. And they don't even make the R any more so what is it going to be? My vote is the DX!

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
Damn that rim took some serious impact. Glad you're OK and posting. Good thing you had a full face on too. Looks like you hit and scraped the face of the helmet pretty good.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Holy crap David! Wow! Thank God you were wearing the gear you did have!!! That's incredible. Amazing to see the bags actually held up somewhat too...that's a comfort to me. I hope you recover quickly!

(Congrats on getting the pix uploaded too!)

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
firemedic said:
Damn looks like you took a pretty good beating, but any bike crash you can walk away from is a good one. You are going to be sore for weeks! Good luck and heal fast. And they don't even make the R any more so what is it going to be? My vote is the DX!
The liquid cooled Buell looks good, but I will be heartbroken if my VRSCR is toast. I was in love when I saw the Brandywine one and was able to find one. Will I have to call her Brandy as she will need a name { bike is still unnamed, is that why all this is happening? } at least when put to rest. I hope its not RIP for this VRSCR.

David

·
Ryan
4,192 Posts
OUCH! The good news is that your ass shot is getting twice as many views as your other photos! What a bunch of pervs on the forum we have. heal up quick brother.

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
Woah

I'm glad you're doing as well as you are. I was just asking a fellow forum member today about leather pants and how they were in the heat and such. There were 2 bike accidents in our area in the past 3 days with one death. I may have to go get those leather pants after all. I know they wont keep bones from breakin' but dang if it may help keep my a** from looking like yours. LOL
Once again, I'm really glad you are doing well. Keep those wounds clean!

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Man hat looks like some serious pain there. I hope you heal up quick. You can always find a used R if they total yours.

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If it keeps even one butt from looking like mine, GREAT!!!

jmullins said:
I'm glad you're doing as well as you are. I was just asking a fellow forum member today about leather pants and how they were in the heat and such. There were 2 bike accidents in our area in the past 3 days with one death. I may have to go get those leather pants after all. I know they wont keep bones from breakin' but dang if it may help keep my a** from looking like yours. LOL
Once again, I'm really glad you are doing well. Keep those wounds clean!

·
Kicking cancer's ass
969 Posts
Glad you're relatively okay! Looks like it could have been much worse.

Is there armor in that mesh jacket? Most Harley mesh jackets have pockets for armor, but don't come with armor like the other brands. You don't show any upper body injuries so I was wondering if that was because of armor, and it looks like at least the shoulders were armored?

Was your ankle injury with boots on, or just shoes?

I switched from a carbon beanie to a full face when I got my DX, and it looks like your FF helmet totally saved your face.

·
VT bound
449 Posts
Dude. hope the doc gave you some good pain meds. Sorry abour the "r". road rash sucks! Get well soon.

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The jacket has armor in the elbows, shoulders, upper back and near tail bone.
The running shoes are just slightly dirty my ankle protected the shoe very well. My son was modeling the jacket for those photos the jacket protected all but a small spot on the inside of my right arm.

DFinch said:
Glad you're relatively okay! Looks like it could have been much worse.

Is there armor in that mesh jacket? Most Harley mesh jackets have pockets for armor, but don't come with armor like the other brands. You don't show any upper body injuries so I was wondering if that was because of armor, and it looks like at least the shoulders were armored?

Was your ankle injury with boots on, or just shoes?

I switched from a carbon beanie to a full face when I got my DX, and it looks like your FF helmet totally saved your face.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Sorry about your luck... I thought I had a bad day. Heal up fast!

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
David, Buddy it looks like an awful accident but you are posting so that is a bright spot in an otherwise dismal set of circumstances. I had the exact same helmet when I had my lay-down and I credit it for saving my life. Heal fast brother and get back on and ride as soon as you can. Don't let the bastards take that from you.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts