11,222 Posts
I wear an HJC FF, always!

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts

·
09 VRSCDX
22 Posts
I use a shoei multitech for the freeway and cold weather.Its good to be able to flip it up when stopped at lights or in traffic.I also dont have to take it off when paying for fuel.And when cruising locally i just use a half helmet,not much protection but good in hot weather.I think having a couple of choices is the way to go.....

·
Registered
221 Posts
In the United States..........

I just read this morning that the Federal Government is pushing for mandatory helmet laws in every state in the country because the fatality rate had doubled in the last decade due to head injuries. Granted, the number of bikes on the road has increased incredibly but keep in mind that this is the "Federal Government" and in this country they really don't have a very good track record.
Ed

·
Grabbin' a Handfull
196 Posts
Nolan N90 modular helmet. Retractable internal sunvisor is a great feature, as is being able to raise the chinbar and get the helmet on/off while wearing my glasses. I tried a skid lid in the past for about 3 miles and decided that a full face helmet was the only way to go. Granted I will ride with the modular open when I am stuck in traffic but after that I lower the blast shield.

Previous to this I wore a Scorpion EXO700 for a few years and thought it was a great helmet. I bought the Nolan this year to comply with the ECE 22.05 safety standard required where I am in Europe and if this modular is a good example of what a modular helmet shoud be, I will continue to buy this style of helmet.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've been using an HJC FF and just now purchased a SHOEI RF1100 FF...

·
MR. DAVIDSON !
162 Posts
Full Face !

I recently got a new Bell Star - Much more aero than my HJC (less head buffeting @ high speed) - It also has these great pockets for speakers - great cooling on a hot day.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Shoei RF1100 is what I purchased for both cold and wet weather riding. I used it for a long trip this past summer and it has excellent air movement through the helmet.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I'm somewhat of a helmet snob. I only replace them every seven to ten years so I figure i can afford to spend big when I do. I just bought a new Arai Corsair-V. Once upon a time I think you HAD TO buy Shoe or Arai to get a decent lid. But anymore, I think that some of the more affordable choices are just as good. Buy what fits your head and make sure you have good ventilation. Ventilation makes all the difference to me.

·
Movin' on....
5,297 Posts
Shoei X-11

·
Registered
271 Posts
Arai RX7 Corsair and Soumy Spec 1R Extreme. both are great helmets but the Soumy is sized a little on the small side. highly recommend trying one on before buying.

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
Shoei RF1100 is what I purchased for both cold and wet weather riding. I used it for a long trip this past summer and it has excellent air movement through the helmet.
:them: Just bought one too and love it, very comfortable.

·
Registered
196 Posts

2010 Bell Star in matte black with dark smoke visor.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts