Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have an 06 Street Rod and I am sick of the bars. I am looking for something with more reach to me. I was told that there are options, I just need to seek them out. I am 5.7" and looking for maybe another 2" or so.
What do you all recommend? I hear that there is a set of "d" bars...but what does that even mean?
I have also seen a set of sportster bars on a street rod, but it looked like it also raised them up??

Please help me in my dilemma...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Isn't every bloke looking for another two inches?

·
Live Free Or Die
330 Posts
I bought these from V-Mod: v-mod.com

They'll give you about a 2" pull back and 2 inches in rise. I too am 5'7" and these fit me perfect. Includes new throttle cables and brake/clutch lines.

search for this part# VM-RRCD-01

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
Also you might look at the Corbin Close, it moves you forward and really changes how you lean or not for the bars.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Okay, I have an 06 Street Rod and I am sick of the bars. I am looking for something with more reach to me. I was told that there are options, I just need to seek them out. I am 5.7" and looking for maybe another 2" or so.
What do you all recommend? I hear that there is a set of "d" bars...but what does that even mean?
I have also seen a set of sportster bars on a street rod, but it looked like it also raised them up??

Please help me in my dilemma...
I've used 2 different sets on my R

Nightster bars which give you a little pullback. They are black which looks great with the R's style and there is no need to replace brake/clutch lines although you will have to reroute the front brake line from going through the top triple trees and even then it's pretty tight.

Currently I am running the altered "A" bars. Got them on ebay for 30 bucks and just cut the risers off of them so they bolt right up to the stock bar clamps. You will have to buy a new front brake line and reroute your clutch line from going through the triple tree.

Tourod 5-23-10 005.jpg

A Bars 001 - Copy.jpg

A Bars 002 - Copy.jpg

·
Hale=Yes
343 Posts
I went with the Corbin Close seat and the 07 R Bars. I don't think that I could improve on this set up for my self at 5'10". I can ride comfortably all day, and I just feel like I am in perfect control of the bike. Vary confidence inspiring riding position for me. Ed...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts