Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on going to Laconia Rally in June for 4 days, what gear do I absolutely have to take with me??? :hmm:

Traveling with a couple of buddies, will probably stay at a campground. I'm trying to plan necessities without overloading my bike!
I will have medium sized saddle bags and a luggage rack.
Thanks guys (& gals)...
:biker:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Vrod-tlam said:
Planning on going to Laconia Rally in June for 4 days, what gear do I absolutely have to take with me??? :hmm:

Traveling with a couple of buddies, will probably stay at a campground. I'm trying to plan necessities without overloading my bike!
I will have medium sized saddle bags and a luggage rack.
Thanks guys (& gals)...
:biker:
A PLATNIUM CREDIT CARD! :diablo:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, flashlight, lantern, toiletries, & a bottle of good whiskey. Make it a bottle of REALLY good whiskey if you can! (But no drinking and riding! leave it at the campground for when you get back for the night!)

You're not leaving civilization. If you find you need something, you can buy it! Which I guess goes back to Kaz's platinum credit card!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Rain gear, Rain Gear, Rain Gear. And maybe some plastic or a tarp. Keeping your stuff dry is essential. Toothbrush. Vrod tool kit. and everything mdrsteve said beforw me

·
Registered
100 Posts
On a trip of that length, I'd say 5th gear would be a good choice. The engine would run too fast with a lower one.

:laugh: :angeldev: :hidesbeh:

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
IndianaSteve said:
On a trip of that length, I'd say 5th gear would be a good choice. The engine would run too fast with a lower one.

:laugh: :angeldev: :hidesbeh:

:rofl2:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Youd better take all of them 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. You will probably use them all.
If you have to leave one behind I'd pick 2nd. It seems to be the weekest!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Don't forget Laconia is in June, and its still cold in the mornings and nights, went there in 99', just brought summer gear. I really learned from that.
Jason

1 - 11 of 11 Posts