Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of an exhaust upgrade that would be compatible with a mid control kit? I am finding that some exhausts, like Akropovic, states on their web site that their exhaust is not compatible. (I really wish I could somehow make that exhaust compatible, though.)

Anyone have recommendations? Thanks.

·
VRSC est -03
2,270 Posts
My Street Rod w mids runs Akrapovic. To clear the mids I had the primary pipe extended 4" after
the collector and made a new muffler bracket. Pipe itself is made of stainless and tig`d was done by a welder.
Another great 2-1 exhaust well worth checking out is Vance & Hines # 17553.
Not the lightest one but produces great numbers.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Street Rod w mids runs Akrapovic. To clear the mids I had the primary pipe extended 4" after
the collector and made a new muffler bracket. Pipe itself is made of stainless and tig`d was done by a welder.
Thanks for your feedback. I am not as concerned about numbers. Rather, I love the sound of the Akropovic. Unfortunately, I do not know anyone nearby who could do that kind of work for me. I am not in a rush as I am still doing research. Extending the pipe sounds simple, but what seems "simple" can become extraordinarily expensive if I am not careful. I will try to find someone who does motorcycle mods here in New Jersey.

·
Registered
76 Posts
All will if you do what I did. With the mids and exhuast mounted measure the space needed for the brake pedal to clear the side of the pipe. I brought my pedal to a fabricator and the welded in a 3/4 inch round stock aluminum (near the engine mount side) spacing the end of the pedal out and it now clearing the pipe. I have V&H comp exhaust. The guy did such a good job, no one but me can tell where the piece was welded and I have to look closely. I chose this way becasue a brake pedal is cheaper than an exhaust if the attempt didn't work.

I'm sure if you google searched metal fabricator in NJ you find someone to do it. He quoted me $80-$100 but charged me $50 - great guy.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All will if you do what I did. With the mids and exhuast mounted measure the space needed for the brake pedal to clear the side of the pipe. I brought my pedal to a fabricator and the welded in a 3/4 inch round stock aluminum (near the engine mount side) spacing the end of the pedal out and it now clearing the pipe. I have V&H comp exhaust. The guy did such a good job, no one but me can tell where the piece was welded and I have to look closely. I chose this way becasue a brake pedal is cheaper than an exhaust if the attempt didn't work.

I'm sure if you google searched metal fabricator in NJ you find someone to do it. He quoted me $80-$100 but charged me $50 - great guy.
Can you post a pic? When I am ready, I can bring a copy of your post and have the picture ready so he/she can see what I need done. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you post a pic? I would like to see that. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do not notice any custom work at all! Wow. If I get a stock exhaust, I may have your welder do the same job for me and he can mail me the parts. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts