Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
105th anniversary
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 2008 vrod and what to get the biggest gains when i buy my exhaust. i dont care about how loud they are or what they look like.

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
Here we go again.... :hidesbeh:

:welcome:

You can use the search function for exhausts and you'll get a million threads.

Short version: Get a 2-1 (Rinehart, Vance & Hines, etc.), and yes, you'll need a tuner (powercommander or screamin' eagle).

or

You can mod the stock pipes and get excellent results, but get a tuner

·
105th anniversary
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha ha ha, i bet this is the number one question asked on here. i just dont want to be like a buddy of mine with a bagger and on his 4th set of pipes. im to broke for that shiz. i was looking at the vance and hines competition pipes. are those pretty decent. and i have already picked up the v&h power pak from a friend for cheap.

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
V&H is a very good pipe (and loud). I hear they are fairly easy to drag in the corners, and if you have their tuner, that's the way I would go.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
ha ha ha, i bet this is the number one question asked on here.
Nope,it will be the next question you ask,and it will be....what oil should I run?

The person tuning the bike will be the one that gets the best HP for you.
On the 1130 engines,expect 109 as an average and the 1250's show 115.samson was a very hard pipe to deal with for tuning,but a tech that knows the SERT and how an efi system works can tune these to get a decent number.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I went with the V&H comp. series and fuel pak. I have zero regrets too. Performance and sound are exactly what i wanted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts