Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stock is not loud at all and that needs to change for me! I was looking to see what people recomend. I have looked at the force but would love to hear what you all have to say.

Thanks
Logan

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
cfr has the best sound for the vrod out there imho. i believe max agrees with that, if memory serves. and nightmare, lots of other folks. awesome low rumble at idle and when you hit the throttle it screams. back off the throttle and downshift and it growls like a ferrari. you will set off lots of car alarms with it but it sounds great. good luck with whatever you choose to go for. :cheers:

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
:them: CFR pipe is the best looking and sounding pipe out there. Although the Rhinehart is a close second.:2cents:

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have the TAB turnouts with the TAB fueler and K&N and couldn't be happier. Check out my gallery for pics. One package , plug and play. The sound is low and loud. No crackle. Idle is a low rumble. Great sound. No ear plugs needed. At least IMHO. Sets off car alarms too running around town. To each his own. It's up to what YOU like.

·
Night Rod Owner
139 Posts
CFR!!! Comes in chrome or black!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I personnally don't like the looks of the CFR. I also think the V Modded pipes sound the best. I like the look of the stock DX the best.

·
Go IRISH!
727 Posts
Agree with stock V-Mods being the best for sounds and looks

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
I'll be one of the few here that have it but I recommend the supertrapp V5 with 12 disks and the spark arrestor (end cap) in place. It had exactly the sound I wanted, not too loud, but much louder than stock and it sounds like a race car at high rpm. There is nothing else in the world that sounds as good as a V-twin spinning 8800 rpm. It's not the distinctive loud ass obnoxious harley airhead sound, which is exactly what I was trying to avoid anyway, but it's plenty loud. The looks, IMHO are awesome on a Rod. I've heard a D&D fatcat and like the sound of that one also, I just think the pipe looks too small at the end.

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
707 Posts
I guess that I will be the first Rinehart 2-2. to chime in here. If you are looking for maximum top end 8k-9k horspower then you will want a 2 into 1 pipe. It seems most folks here go Rinehart or CFR and they do sound great. On the other hand if you are like me and love that traditional 2-2 staggered straight pipe harley look, then Rinehart 2-2 are the way to go. While the 2-2 pipes will lose a bit of horspower at the higher rpm range they do pick up a good bit of torque and horspower in the lower rpm range (2.5k to 5k). I get over 70lbs of torque at 3k rpms. And the look is classic and the sound is great!

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Hi-Def said:
I guess that I will be the first Rinehart 2-2. to chime in here. If you are looking for maximum top end 8k-9k horspower then you will want a 2 into 1 pipe. It seems most folks here go Rinehart or CFR and they do sound great. On the other hand if you are like me and love that traditional 2-2 staggered straight pipe harley look, then Rinehart 2-2 are the way to go. While the 2-2 pipes will lose a bit of horspower at the higher rpm range they do pick up a good bit of torque and horspower in the lower rpm range (2.5k to 5k). I get over 70lbs of torque at 3k rpms. And the look is classic and the sound is great!
:them:
With the 2-2 and a good PCIII tune, I was able to get all my lost HP back. I know I could bring in more with the stealth baffles, but the sound is too sweet to mess with! They're the best looking, best sounding pipes around IMHO, and you won't burn your leg or block the view of our beautiful engines like on the wrap around pipes.

·
iTrader Technician
4,467 Posts
I really like the Rinehart 2-1... Great look and sound.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
No question, Rinehart 2 to 1 is the way to go. Great quality/construction, complete system (not just a slip on), not too loud, but much louder than stock and SE 16 ga., good performance gains, and by far the best looking. I love mine.

Good Luck. cw

·
Lets Ride...
475 Posts
One more vote for the Rinehart 2:1's. I've had stock, Samson Street Sweepers, D&D Fat Cats 2:1's and now these, my favorites:

Attachments

·
lurch on two wheels
296 Posts
I was amazingly close to buying the CFR, but I like to lay the bike into corners pretty hard and heard of some people rubbing the CFR. I bought my bike with the Screaming Eagle pipes on it and rubbed them on my ride home with it. I decided to go with the Rineharts as they tuck up a little higher and look to give more clearance. I haven't seen anyone posting about rubbing the Rinehart so that may or may not play into your decision, but was the deciding factor for me.

-jt

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
JaredT said:
I was amazingly close to buying the CFR, but I like to lay the bike into corners pretty hard and heard of some people rubbing the CFR. I bought my bike with the Screaming Eagle pipes on it and rubbed them on my ride home with it. I decided to go with the Rineharts as they tuck up a little higher and look to give more clearance. I haven't seen anyone posting about rubbing the Rinehart so that may or may not play into your decision, but was the deciding factor for me.

-jt
My bike came with SE 16 ga from the dealer -- I drug those pipes quite often with the stock shocks. Even though I am running 12" shocks now I have yet to drag the Rinehart -- drag my pegs occasionally and drag my heals alot, but the pipe has never hit the ground. You can actually put a little more upsweep on the pipe than what I have on mine, but I personally like it more in line with the swingarm. Just FYI. take care. cw

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
cfw said:
My bike came with SE 16 ga from the dealer -- I drug those pipes quite often with the stock shocks. Even though I am running 12" shocks now I have yet to drag the Rinehart -- drag my pegs occasionally and drag my heals alot, but the pipe has never hit the ground. You can actually put a little more upsweep on the pipe than what I have on mine, but I personally like it more in line with the swingarm. Just FYI. take care. cw
:them: Ground pegs: yes, ground heal: yep, ground Reinharts? Nope!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts