Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what does the air valve looking thing behind the black cap do,its near the radiator hoses or in between the hose clamps,,,i want to put a chrome cover on it and have no idea what it does,,thanks

·
I'm Bored
1,741 Posts
bwds said:
what does the air valve looking thing behind the black cap do,its near the radiator hoses or in between the hose clamps,,,i want to put a chrome cover on it and have no idea what it does,,thanks

With no picture it's hard to tell what you're talking about but I'm going to guess that you're talking about the fuel pressure test port.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Going out on a limb here, but my guess is you would test fuel pressure

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
If you take it to the stealership and your having fuel issues, they could plug in their proprietary fuel pressure gauge tool and test the pressure of the fuel.

·
Registered
375 Posts
also, if you are going to do any work on the fuel system, you can use the port to depressurize the fuel system. when you're done, you can also use the port to purge fuel back into the system and remove any air.

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
vrscd_buTcHEr said:
also, if you are going to do any work on the fuel system, you can use the port to depressurize the fuel system. when you're done, you can also use the port to purge fuel back into the system and remove any air.

Good point. I have never used it myself.

·
I'm Bored
1,741 Posts
mnerren said:
Good point. I have never used it myself.
Check out my gallery. You can also hard mount a fuel pressure gauge. Not needed on normal mods but for my turbo application it saves me a lot of time when trouble-shooting.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
You can put a chrome valve stem cover on it. It'll be fine.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I made a small knurled replacement cap for mine polished SS, it is a different diameter, I actually made 2, I gave the other to forum member

1 - 12 of 12 Posts