Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the necessity/wish list for the perfect V-rod saddle bag?

Here is my input:
Figure out a way to make them larger than what is currently available through HD, oh, and of course, good looking :)
Waterproof or minimal notably water-resistant
Leather
Removable
Some degree of security
(I'd ask for fringe but don't like getting shot.:laugh:)

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
i would love better options in bags... i like to be able to go and not have to minimize or worry about weather....
bigger is a must.... and i would like to see a road king style bag made just for this bike that i didn't have to mod..

·
Premium Member
4,958 Posts
best bag for a v-rod has a tag where you can put postage or UPS barcode to send yur laundry home.
Actually maybe UPS could offer a new service, V-rod bags available at select depots, drop off a bag full a dirty laundry & souvenirs, pick-up an empty bag for the next leg a yur trip.

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
I think the hard bags I sport around are plenty big enough to carry some tools, clothes, and a six-pack of longnecks without being too big. Oh yeah, they lock too but they are not portable. I guess they would silly if they were especially if they were fringed.

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
I would like a hard bag to be removable with minimum hardware remaining as well as being large enough to be functional.The Buell bags look to be very good but don't look too good on the bike. No matter what they were to bring out,if they aren't detachable, I don't want em
Ed

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vrod-Mike said:
Best thing they can do is make a REVO bagger so we can keep those ugly things of the Vrod. :D
:stilpoke: And here I've been thinking about what a helpful fellow you were.:)

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
capngeo said:
I know that sort of mount just does it for some folks, and it looks like it should, but it just doesn't fit the bill for me.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vrod-Mike said:
I'm all for bags. They can be very useful.... Just not of a VR.
:rofl: I guess my windshield in the turn signal spacer thread is a problem too! :rofl:

·
George
5,411 Posts
Diamond Lil said:
I know that sort of mount just does it for some folks, and it looks like it should, but it just doesn't fit the bill for me.
I have the HD hards and love them, I use the Biker's Friend LG when traveling.... But I'm thinking about the Axio

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
So far, the second generation FPOS leather bags are holding up. The tops haven't shrunk (but I try to keep em out of direct sunlight, no problem so far this summer) and the emblems haven't busted loose (yet). They have always been waterproof.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
I'd like to see them (or someone else) take the Axio bag idea (or something like it) and replace the passenger pillion with it to add room... Sort of a smuggler type option, rather than having a passenger seat.

Corbin has done this for the R's but not for my bike. :(

Here's the Streetrod version:

http://www.corbin.com/harley/vrsca/streetrod_smug.shtml

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now Brentley that is a wonderful idea! It is like a little glove box! My treo and gloves would be happy. My gloves will be even happier in there when I get an iPhone. :laugh:

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Diamond Lil said:
:rofl: I guess my windshield in the turn signal spacer thread is a problem too! :rofl:

Yep... Might as well just put a fairiong & a radio in it while you're at it. :D Not mocking anyone for how they mod their bikes. I just think the Vrod has such smooth lines and to put all of that STUFF on it just kills the looks. Now let the MOCO release a touring chassis with the REVO motor in it and I'll be all over it as a second bike, but the Vrod should be kept as a good looking power cruiser. I don't even like the look with toruing seats (of which I have one on my bike), but you have to make compromises somewhere.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well Mike, I'm offf to a play day at work today and will ride my A. In a moment of reckless abandone:boobs: I've detached the windshield for the day.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts