Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been making parts for almost a year and think I have been doing some cool stuff. I recently got laid off and have some extra time on my hands (hopefully for not too long). What are some things that you would like to see for the V? Now my machine can't handle anything over 12"x7.5" so keep that in mind. I have a design that would make the original rizoma bars look crappy and am trying to get a buddy of mine to cut them, but what else?

-Keith

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
Well I recieved a skull headlight as a gift, and been looking for a mount that would work. I know its a specialized request. For my muscle.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If any of you guys are tall you should check out Killer's extended controls. They are awesome! I love mine & Keith does great work just in case you are wondering. Felt I should give you a shout out since you helped me out so much with mine. Thanks again!

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
a better looking horn cover.
I'm with scarecrow on this one. I can't stand the stupid cow bell cover and not much else to choose from.

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
Hey Keith, hows about some Bar End Mirrors?

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
I have been making parts for almost a year and think I have been doing some cool stuff. I recently got laid off and have some extra time on my hands (hopefully for not too long). What are some things that you would like to see for the V? Now my machine can't handle anything over 12"x7.5" so keep that in mind. I have a design that would make the original rizoma bars look crappy and am trying to get a buddy of mine to cut them, but what else?

-Keith
OK you got my attention. where is that darn popcorn again?

·
Registered
110 Posts
One more vote for a good looking horn cover

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I actually am already working on the horn cover and have an idea for the bar end mirrors. The biggest problem is the ball joint for the mirror. I have an idea though.

I will work on the horn thing tomorrow. Kelrush can you send me a sketch of what you need. Kaylieandme can you send me a pic of the headlight and the triple trees?

Thanks for the compliments btw!

-Keith

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I left out that I wanted front turn signal relocators not rear!
The problem I have been having with those is that I can't find an LED strip that is tightly packed and the right length. I was thinking of building it into the bar end mirrors...

-Keith

·
(Peter)
488 Posts
Ok, this request this for practicality rather than looks. I had this idea, but never got around to making it myself. My wife doesn't ride so if we go away together on the bike luggae is always a problem. I was thinking of a luggae rack that would mount to the existing seat plate, have a higher back to adequately pass through the back rest strap on the luggae, and have an extendable base that could expand two accomodate two bags. I hate it when the bags sage down over the taillight.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Radiator grills are in demand!

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I would love to see your idea for bars maybe with a gauge cluster built in. (like rizoma) I am looking for something to make me lean farther forward and possible a slight downward turn in black! Right now I have stock 08 dx bars. I would be very interested if you got something in the works!!!

·
Registered
731 Posts
I don't ride with a passenger on my 2009 DX. As such, I have removed the left rear footpeg and mount. I have removed the right rear footpeg, but cannot remove the mount because the exhaust pipe is mounted from it (in my case my TAB's are mounted to it). I have wanted to have a decent looking mount for the exhaust pipes that isn't a footpeg holder. Probably not much of a market for it though.

Phatass

1 - 20 of 27 Posts