·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of the new VRSCR?

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
Maybe I'm only in this but I think it looks like a disfunctional Buell. :barf: I can appreciate the better handling, I just can't get past the look. Just my :2cents:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I'm glad the HD is expanding the VRSC line. However, I was hoping that they would expand towards touring instead of street bike.

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
i really hated it at first but now i relize it will not be replacing the VRSCA/B line, I can see now that cafe racer is written all over it. I will not be getting rid of the "A" for it but it would be a good 2nd harley to own.. untill they release a bagger or updated V-rod.
I still like the looks of the drag style "A/B's" better than the cafe style. :kaz:

·
Revolution02
3,978 Posts
Ive never been one of those guys who goes arounbd corners as fast as they can. I have way to much respect for the road than that!Im sure the bike is great, how could it not be, same motor! Just not my type ride!

·
GCS=15
621 Posts
IMO takes the good parts of the A/B models and alters them not for the better, while fixing only a few of the less-than-desirable characteristics of the V-rod; with the exception of bigger fuel capacity, nothing on the R that I'd like on my B. But, more choice is good, something different for everyone.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Max said:
What do you think of the new VRSCR?
I will Say it again"The Best Bike Harley Ever Built!" Ride one and You'll see! :kaz:

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just read the Motorcyclist test(and by the way get the issue some good V Rod stuff in there) I have changed my opinion, I like it. If I had the funds for a second V Rod I'd get one.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Can we add another...

candidate?: "It doesn't make me puke!"

Sat on one this week and it is so much different than my VRSCA.

If I wanted a rice burner/crotch rocket, I'd buy one.

To each his/her own for sure, but I'm sticking with the V-Rod I've come to know and love.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
Things about thr R I really like alot.....

The improved lean angle, the 'racier looking' wheels, the tach,....
....and lately I've been feeling like I really like the DIRECTION they are going with the R, and am looking forward to both an even MEANER RR (Biger Bore R) and a 'sport tourer' model soon.....

I think the boys at HD are on the same page as many, many cycle-enthuists are!

Thanks to the VRSC R, I am looking forward to better things to come!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well, I like most of it, before my V-rod I had a 01 buell lightning, really liked it not good for two up. I went for the v-rod because of its performance ability over other stock H-D's. Now it seems to me, in my humble opinion that H-D is combining the best of both bikes. I suspect to attrack a little young H-D enthusiast. If I had the cash, more importantly if the wife let me out of the house with it, I would add on to my garage. I have a couple of guys that work for me that ride sport tourer/rice rocket and they are seriously looking at one. So I think the new rod is a good thing. But thats only my opinion and as its pointed out to me daily opinions are like ass-holes everyone has one but no one wants it spouting off in their direction. :stupid:

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
The A's and B's are better for lookin', but my guess is the R is better for Ridin'!

I want one. but convicing my wife I needed my first one was tough enough! :eek:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I was actually able to sit on one today at Anaheim-Fullerton H.D.- Black on Black, and it actually really looks good in person. I really thought that the bike would be taller, but being 5'7", I was semi-tip toeing. What turned me off on the bike was that it had a lot of polished, not chromed, parts- which means more money to fix it up. I also really like the mid-control set-up. But I still love my VRSCA!!!

·
The Tin Man
2,153 Posts
I am not a fan - styling definately not my taste - if this had been the original I wouldn't own a Harley right now, probably not riding at all since the original got me back into it - I wouldn't buy one - if this was the only VRod available I would be on another bike.... not an R..... Kevin

·
"Keg Security"
3,428 Posts
I have not seen one in person so maybe I'll change my mind when I do. I think if I wanted a "sport" bike I would buy a new GSXR or a CBR. LOTS more bang for WAY less bucks. :2cents:

·
Have Gun Will Travel
1,008 Posts
For me, it is what I was looking for when I bought my 2003 VRSCA. Now I find myself looking to mod my bike to do what the VRSCR does. When I return from my military assignment here in Madrid, I will buy one for sure. I don't think it will be a problem to find a Spaniard looking for a VRSCA.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yesterday, traveled up to St.Paul Harley Davidson to take a look around and look and sit on the R. Looks: Does look better in person than in pictures but not much chrome and it just didn't stand out to me. Sat on it and had the salesman hold it so I could put my feet on the pegs into a riding position. It felt like the sportbikes I've owned in the past but heavier. Overall, not my cup of tea, I'll stick with my VRSCA.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts