1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
:thumb: :vrod:

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Mustrick, looks awesome!! Mine is sitting at the shop with new paint on the new airbox cover as well. I am psyched!! Hope you get yours back together soon. :thumb:

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
Paint looks good I like the classic Harley emblem on the air box cover

·
Registered
439 Posts
Where did you have the work done? Pricing?

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Mustrick, just got back from seeing mine. Let's say this, you got a great job done. Mine is going back to be redone. As some have asked, where did you get yours done? Price? Thanks!

·
HOTSH
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had a buddy from work do it. He is trying to get into doing more custom work. He has been restoring mustangs for years and now wants to branch off some. He charged me $1400. The paint is all house of color, and it has about 9 coats of clear altogether. 3 after the base, 3 after the flames, and 3 after the bar and shield. It looks good in the picture but it looks better in person. It's realy deep, like looking into a black mirror. He has more skillz than I'll ever give him credit for at work (he's my boss). The handle bars are called big burlys or something like that. I ordered them from custom works along with the airbox.

·
Registered
439 Posts
mustrick said:
I had a buddy from work do it. He is trying to get into doing more custom work. He has been restoring mustangs for years and now wants to branch off some. He charged me $1400. The paint is all house of color, and it has about 9 coats of clear altogether. 3 after the base, 3 after the flames, and 3 after the bar and shield. It looks good in the picture but it looks better in person. It's realy deep, like looking into a black mirror. He has more skillz than I'll ever give him credit for at work (he's my boss). The handle bars are called big burlys or something like that. I ordered them from custom works along with the airbox.

Tell him to continue toe xplore his talent in painting motorcycles. Excellent work and competitive pricing. When I am ready to paint my vrod, I will contact him.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Very Nice Work, I bet your prowd!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts