Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi one and all,

Some unforseen personal circumstances (long story) mean that I am going to have to sell the VRod. Before I do, I thought I'd check with you guys (and gals), to see what you think is a fair and reasonable price.

It's an all alloy, 2003 anniversary edition with;
17,500k's
Full service history and books
Sports screen
Touring seat for both rider and pillion
Integrated mirror/blinkers
tinted rear blinkers
Vance and Hines pipes
Download
K&N Air filter
Lots of extra chrome (this that and the other ie pulley protector, coolant pipe, headlamp shroud off the top of my head)
Custom pegs
Luggage rack
12 months rego
Immaculate condition, and it was owned by a mature age lady before me.

If you have an idea of what you think it's worth, that would be appreciated. I looked at redbook and it suggests between $18,500 and $22,000, but I don;t know if this takes into account the $4k or $5k of extras, or if this is not really considered.

Anyway, any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers
Ozzie

·
1,738 Posts
I was going to suggest you were way out of line on the price, then I noted you were in Australia. No idea in your market. Here, it would be between
$12-14,000 if you are lucky and have little competition in your local market.
Good luck.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
:worthless

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
in 2003 they retailed for 34000 plus OTR say 2000 depending upon state. No way you will get that money at present with many dealers dumping street rods still in stock and their 07 floor stock. We never pay near the red book.

·
Scotty
1,247 Posts
ozzievrod said:
Hi one and all,

Some unforseen personal circumstances (long story) mean that I am going to have to sell the VRod. Before I do, I thought I'd check with you guys (and gals), to see what you think is a fair and reasonable price.

It's an all alloy, 2003 anniversary edition with;
17,500k's
Full service history and books
Sports screen
Touring seat for both rider and pillion
Integrated mirror/blinkers
tinted rear blinkers
Vance and Hines pipes
Download
K&N Air filter
Lots of extra chrome (this that and the other ie pulley protector, coolant pipe, headlamp shroud off the top of my head)
Custom pegs
Luggage rack
12 months rego
Immaculate condition, and it was owned by a mature age lady before me.

If you have an idea of what you think it's worth, that would be appreciated. I looked at redbook and it suggests between $18,500 and $22,000, but I don;t know if this takes into account the $4k or $5k of extras, or if this is not really considered.

Anyway, any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers
Ozzie
I reckon you are pretty close to the money mate! I traded my 05 B model not long ago and it had 17k as well and I was at the upper end of your pricing. Be aware though that V Rods do not always sell as quickly as traditional HD's and a lot of early bikes with low K's (like 3-4000) around for similar money. Start at 22K and come down if you get a good cash offer ;) :2cents:

Good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks Scotty

Thanks mate,

I have whacked it on ebay - 4 days to go and it's at $18,900. Heaps of interest actually with 50 watchers at the moment and over 1,200 people having viewed it.

Will be interesting to see how it goes.

Cheers
Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts