Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I've owned lots of different brands, currently have a 2000 Indian Chief (love the looks) and a 2004 Ultra (Love the Ride) and am thinking of getting a VRod (or maybe a Yamaha Warrior) for my around town sprints. I really like the looks of the Vrod (as much as i Like my Indian) am thinking of trading the INdian for the Vrod. Are you all happy with the Vrod? Anything I should consider before buying it? Thanks.. \

Highway1

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
Your on a VRod site.....Chances are you wont find too many bad reviews here. Not only do we ride VRods we are enthusiasts and have passion with this motorcycle.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
ralphwiens I can only speak for myself but I now have two v-rods and got rid of my other bikes. The V-Rod is without a doubt the best Harley Davidson ever built.

Max

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Get the v-rod.The better choice.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
It's OK!:rolleyes:

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
Ya my V-Rod is ok. Have ridden it for a month and am tired of it now. Will probably go to a Honda Shadow or something like that. :slap2:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sell the Chief, keep the Ultra and buy the V-Rod. You'll have the best of both worlds for touring and quick shots around town. It's like having a Cadillac and a Corvette (if your a GM fan). I have this combination and I LOVE IT!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Sell the Undian ;) and get the V Rod. Don't be surprised re the trade you may be offered on the Undian though. My reading is that their price used is no where near what you may have paid new.
With the Ultra, you have a brilliant tourer, and the V rod, you can do lots of cruiser type riding (what ever that may be!)

Best wishes.

Ken.
(About to knock off early from work and fit my just delivered Power Commander!)
:cheers:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've owned lots of bike over the past 40 years, mostly streetbikes, many two-strokes including Kawasaki 725 triple, 500 triples, Kawasaki 750 Turbo, Kawasaki ZRX1100, have ridden about everything readily available (not the exotics) and also own a 2001 FLHTCI with a sidecar. I love the V-rod (looks, performance, that it's a Harley) amd the only bike the gave me a greater rush was my 750 triple when it came on the pipe. I think the V-rod is the future of H-D and as technically advanced as anthing coming out of Japan.

·
Come back Max
435 Posts
Take a test ride and see, or if possible borrow one for a day.
The chances are you will be waiting at your nearest dealer the following morning with your cheque book in hand.
I know I was!

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I love my rod.The overall performance is almost perfect.Alot of R&D went into this bike before we even new of it's existance.Harley did'nt put it on the market at first just to recoop high invesments,they gave us a quality product.There are alot of custom accessories available to personalize the bike.Performance too.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Manhorse,

Thanks for the response everyone. I will go test ride it and see what they will give me on trade for the Indian.

Why don't you like your Vrod, Manhorse?

Ralph

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
I think that he was pulling your chain as I was! The worst part of owning a Vrod is cleaning the bugs out of my tooth brush!!!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
439 Posts
Do what I did. Rent one for a day. Forget the demo ride. Once you ride it for a day, you will not be able to compare it to any other bike. It is in a league of its own.

Best regards,
:cool:

·
Registered
587 Posts
We've painted and worked on plenty of the vrods as well as the road warriors. At first i thought the rw was a better looking bike design wise, but it just can't keep up with the vrod. And with a few alterations the vrod bike can really take on a great look. hell i looked at the honda 1800, but the vrod out ran it too. DH

·
Registered
284 Posts
The V Rod out performed the Honda 1800?
Fair dinkem?
That impresses me.

best wishes.

Ken.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts