Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got her a month back and changed a couple of things around.

Installed V&H competition pipes, changed the rear fender and modified the stock seat.

For the exhaust, she came with V&H widows but i wanted something louder. Installed the competition 2 into 1 and then remapped the fuelpak.

For the fender, I got a fender blank on eBay and then i cut the blank to what it looks now. i then powder coated the fender to flat black.

Now for the seat, i cut the stock seat and then got some vinyl fabric from Jo-Ann fabrics and recovered the seat.

Things that are on the to-do list are, change the handle bars to either sportster 48 or Iron bars and make a new passenger seat. Also during the winter when she takes some rest, i might paint the tins.

let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looks good. I like the rear fender look. Never did like the big bulky night rod rear fender. If you still have your black widows I may be interested in them. Been thinking about playing around with some muffler combo's to see if I'd like alittle more "thunder". Shoot me a pm if you have them and interested in getting rid of them.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they came with the bike. i did not like them before but i started liking them now. i have a pretty clear view of the road behind me but the objects appear small since the mirrors are small.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Put a new light that i found on Ebay.

i did a little mod to the brackets so that it could fit and here is how it looks. i took some pictures in the garage so the lighting is not good. i will take some more pics next weekend.

as far as the mod to the bracket, i had to grind the two top corners and make two holes so that it fits in the place of the standard bracket.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Link to the fender #??

tHX

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Nice job! Looks great! Joe

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have put the link. if you click on ebay in post # 10, it will take you there. Also, i have mounted it on the inner fender with 4 bolts.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Any idea what the fender would look like slammed on the tire???

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i think it will look better than what it looks on my bike. i had a tight budget so air shocks were out for me.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yep looking good especially the rear fender. Good on you for trying something different

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice, i think I've seen it up at the dealership. Do you have a buddy that also has a modded NRS? I'm in St. Peters.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts