Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
upsman14
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been looking for new shocks,but prices are way to high ,so i thought I would change mind instead.What do you guys think?

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Say what???

·
MOVE !!!!!!!!
232 Posts
I'm guessing the pictures didnt load???? I hope I'm right =\

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
I think that because of the co$t, he didn't buy shocks and modified his own!

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one that that post didn't make sense... I was beginning to wonder if the one good brain cell I got left was beginning to fade fast...

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one that that post didn't make sense... I was beginning to wonder if the one good brain cell I got left was beginning to fade fast...
I think the OP meant to type "I thought I would change mine instead".
We'll see!

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
OK, but what the hell is he gunna change? Spring lengths? Sheesh, come on here make a statement and then poof gone, now dat chit just ain't right :)

·
Registered
727 Posts
You can adjust the stock shocks up a couple of notches and will help the bike quite a bit. I had a problem with my bike bottoming out on speed bumps and 2-up riding. I set the shocks up a couple of notches and fixed it. Plus the bike handles alot better.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Yup, that's just setting the pre-load on the springs, I get that but other than that, the only other thing you can do is change out the springs and if your gunna go that far might as well get a decent set of shocks instead of the POS shocks that come with these bikes...

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
He probably painted the shocks!:D

·
upsman14
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well did I make a mess out of my 2nd thread. I did not mean to post this yet. Computer went on the blink. I had pictures of the shocks, but they are on the other computer. So I'm sorry it didn't make sense. I can't download my pictures yet either. I'll try to get the pictures on here . All i did was take the shocks apart and power coated the crome part with wrinkle finish. I just thought I would ask your thoughts about them.

·
upsman14
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How in the heck do you guys put the web link on your thread that shows your pictures? I have pictures of my shocks in my album .Can yall see them??? I'm not a very good computer guy.Daaa Help

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts