1301 - 1320 of 1333 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm a brewing operator for Samuel Adams...."For the Love of Beer!"

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm a General Manager of a Canadian Tire store (www.canadiantire.ca) fun gig but crazy this time of the year.

·
SuperDave
38 Posts
I am a "package service provider" (aka driver) for UPS. I gave up my previous job of building and designing autonomous drones for a more steady career.

·
Registered
217 Posts
California Criminal Attorney, here. :deal:

But I wasn't always! Spent 13 years as a Navy Diver. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was an engineer at a Nuclear Power Plant for the past 6 years. Now I'm an engineer/project manager for a large escalator & elevator company.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I was an engineer at a Nuclear Power Plant for the past 6 years. Now I'm an engineer/project manager for a large escalator & elevator company.
Ever work with dry cask storage?
My company has built containment units for 5 of the 6 of Illinois plants haha.

I work as a welder/fabricator for a company that builds dry cask storage units and other random nuke goodies. for those of you that don't know about dry cask storage, well we make big ass, everything proof cans for spent fuel rods. Fun gig.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,162 Posts
C-5 Galaxy Flight Examiner for the Air Force Reserve and A-319/320 First Officer for United Airlines.

Two full-time jobs, two different states. I miss my bed (and my wife) at home.

R.
Heh. Zombie thread. But I guess I could update.

Retired from the AF Reserves Oct 2014. Swapped airplanes in my other job, and am now flying B-737's as a First Officer for United Airlines out of Denver-- just under 20 years for the company.

The airlines are a strange thing-- everything is based on the day you got hired, not ability or experience. I can be a B-737, A-320 or B-757/767 captain (i.e. left seat) in any of our other domiciles (Guam, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Cleveland, Houston, DC, Newark), but if I want to live in Denver and not commute? I stay a copilot. I'm leaving six figures on the table, but it (mostly) beats living somewhere I don't want to live. A lot of people must agree with me, since Denver is our most senior domicile-- the youngest captain we have here has been with the company at least 22 years.

R.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Director of Maintenance / Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic & Inspector for a small fleet of 8 Citation Jets including three .92 Mach Citation 10's. Dry Lease, Charter, Buy/Sell, Maintain - we milk all the tits of the cow. Spent 5 long years disassembling, rebuilding a 1952 North American F86F Sabre Jet, completed right after 9/11 - was the most patriotic Jet on the military airshow circuit (Red, White, Blue, Stars & Bars on a Silver SkyBlazers Aerobatic Team Paint Scheme) Very proud to have been able to put that jet back in the sky ! :D

·
i haz ghost flames
542 Posts
I make Tedlar film at DuPont. About to start making corian in a few weeks.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Tie One On
1,644 Posts
WoW so many diff professions riding our beloved vrod.
Me a government architect for the past 20 years and cant think of a better job for myself. loved it my first day and still do

1301 - 1320 of 1333 Posts