Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
edit: ok go here...http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77656

I'm betting I could find all the answers if I did a little searching.......but I'm lazy :D

So what all would I need to have bars like this chicks bike in the picture :confused:
If anyone knows part numbers that would be helpful. I'm guessing I would need longer clutch and brake lines and throttle cables, anyone know a good place to get stuff like that? Anyone know what bars those are??? I see they've kept the A model clamshell (which I would like also) so is the only way to do that is to cut the risers and weld on new bars :confused: any help would be much appreciated :D

Attachments

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
The bars are definately custom made, it has an A clamshell and A bars are not adjustable. You could use a B or D riser and buy the bars plus all the wiring and the cables to reach the apes. But the cables and the wiring are probably custom made also.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spaz said:
The bars are definately custom made, it has an A clamshell and A bars are not adjustable. You could use a B or D riser and buy the bars plus all the wiring and the cables to reach the apes. But the cables and the wiring are probably custom made also.
I was hoping that by now somebody is making bars for the A model, I don't like the look of the B risers. So the only way to get bars in the A clamshell is to cut the risers and weld on new bars or has anyone tried modifying the clamshell? I've never even seen inside the clamshell, is there just no room in there for different risers :confused:

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
Just go get a shopping cart out of the local Walmart parking lot, a hacksaw and a welder and have at it.:stilpoke:

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gdub said:
What do you need? Your head examined! (just playin)
I know, I know, it's not what many of you guys/gals are going to like but I do like it so......SHUT THE F**K UP!!! :stilpoke:
:D

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
lakedrunk said:
I know, I know, it's not what many of you guys/gals are going to like but I do like it so......SHUT THE F**K UP!!! :stilpoke:
:D
What's wrong with you? You cannot do stupid things such as this when you own a 2002 Vrod, any other year is fine, put a horn in your butt and sing Zipidy Do Dah all day long from 2003 and on, but you have a responsibility Not to do Circus Freak shite to a 2002. NOw get readyto pack up for winter.

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
When you do it are you going to put one of these on?:D :hidesbeh:

Attachments

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:hidesbeh: I knew I shouldn't have even asked :hidesbeh:

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
Come on, you know we're just poking fun.:stilpoke: See how much the bars from a Street Bob are then cut and weld.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Those bars do completely look out of place on that bike. Just my opinion. But, since your bike's an '02, what does it matter - do what you want. It's the 2003 and on that shouldn't be touched.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I am getting an Intervention together, Expect a Truck to come by to replace you bike with one of these since you CANNOT be trusted with the coveted 2002. Good luck AirHead.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my other option is the chicka V bars, I've already got them but if I use them I'd have to buy a new light too, and I think they pull back a little too far for the Vrod. I had them on my old bike, here's a picture of my old bike with the chicka bars...

and a picture of the bars I found on the net :thumb:

Attachments

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
lakedrunk i like the ape hangers also, but remember when you do this mod make sure your bars are heavier gauge steel or they will bend when you twist on the throttle, my sporty has apes and i bent the first set i put on while twisting on it.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And Lux you one to talk you've put B risers on your 02, at least I want to keep the original "better" risers :D

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
lakedrunk said:
And Lux you one to talk you've put B risers on your 02, at least I want to keep the original "better" risers :D
Hey I if I am anything I am a Hypocrite. But seriously the set up I have now makes my original factory set up feel and perform like a Shwinn Beach cruiser. The "B" models and the Night Rods all steer much better than OEM "A" models, these Ape things would make for a miserable ride I can only imagine. The "B" riser and Z Bar combo make this ride like a different bike and Long trips are easier to do.
Hey I had one of these as a Kid, that didnt steer well either.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts