Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

7921 - 7940 of 7952 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Today in the winter break ( 12 degrees celcius) i tried to start my X, and started directly in 3 seconds. Drove 5 kilometers till engine was warm enough. Just cause the tires dont get a flat spot from standing still. Pity i have to wait for 3 months to start driving the season again.
Europe has no winter yet. So ice no salt on the roads.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I ride the dragon and surrounding areas every year for the past 5 in August. Be sure to check out the tree of shame- a buddy of mine has some SV 650 parts he added last year (not something to be proud of but he walked away). And definitely ride the Skyway. It’s better I believe.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hoping to finish the cruisemate install and take her out for a shakedown run this weekend. It's supposed to be in the mid 50's and sunny!!!

New bearings (5), brakes, tires, oil change, flushed brakes/clutch, and cruisemate over the winter (so far).

·
Registered
75 Posts
350 mile weekend ride through the Smokey Mountains.

Reactions: Jay F and jfisher

·
Registered
75 Posts
Heading out there in April for a week.

Any suggestions on routes or 'must ride' roads? ..places to stop, etc?
To be honest, we blindly followed a couple who was real familiar with the area. We rode the Cherohala Skyway into Tellico Plains and spent the night in a cabin. In the morning we came home via Apalachia and Ocoee. We stopped and googled "interesting places to eat near me" and picked the most interesting of the bunch.

·
Registered
125 Posts
To be honest, we blindly followed a couple who was real familiar with the area. We rode the Cherohala Skyway into Tellico Plains and spent the night in a cabin. In the morning we came home via Apalachia and Ocoee. We stopped and googled "interesting places to eat near me" and picked the most interesting of the bunch.
Ok, thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dual Mph/Kph speedo Faceplate arrived from Dutchcustoms in Netherlands. Perfect fit. Not too difficult of a swap to do. Reinstalled and works great. Thank you Angelo.

Now I can go get my Canadian inspection done.

If anyone needs a OEM Mph Faceplate let me know. Not sure what that would be worth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Inspections all done yesterday. Everything passed no problems. After a good ride of about 1 hr on it. I noticed slight oil on left side of bike. Traced it back to breather hose. Totally cracked. Now found out it’s a common issue with these bikes. Will replace asap. I’m wondering if the clamp is so tight and with vibration it eventually tears. Seems like a shi*y design.

Installed my new horn cover. Had to mod the bracket a bit to fit. I like it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Where do you plan on buying the replacement hose? I looked the other day via the 29505-05 part number but i'm not finding any reputable place to buy it from?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where do you plan on buying the replacement hose? I looked the other day via the 29505-05 part number but i'm not finding any reputable place to buy it from?
My local dealer had one in stock, $14 CAD. I’m picking it up today. Will buy some synthetic oil/filter and change out the fluids too.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Installed my new horn cover. Had to mod the bracket a bit to fit. I like it.
How much modification are we talking about? I am interested in the black version of that horn cover.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How much modification are we talking about? I am interested in the black version of that horn cover.
There is a small partially round bracket (seen in picture attached) that attaches at the frame. It did not fit correctly on outside or behind the frame. I just used my dremel and lopped off the top. Was very easy to do.

I’ve seen others just make their own bracket too but then I would’ve needed to make a trip to the hardware store. I really like this cover. Looks sharp and stands out over the oem round bland cover.

Zoom in on my picture and you can kinda see where I cut it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Installed drag specialties mini LED signals the other day and my new mirrors. I like them. Small, bright, and love how hidden they are on the bike. May have to zoom in to view on these pics. In person they are much brighter than oem bullet style.

7921 - 7940 of 7952 Posts