Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

7901 - 7920 of 7955 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
I hear you. Winter...
Mine got a fresh oil change and parked across the street today in a storage unit.
For now, a solar tender on the roof keeping it charged.
Why? I hope to go for 1 more ride on a warm day if we get one.
Because:
I got screwed this fall.
I had an OUI in 1979 when I was 18.
I had 2 OUI's in 1989.
Since then 30 years of excellent driving record.
Light Social drinker at best and never Drink and Drive.

MASS RMV is going nuts because a POS killed 7 Bikers from the NH. Jarheads MC. in July.
So they have been going over the records.
I got a letter suspending me for 1 year since this Oct 10th.
I got a lawyer and we are waiting for a hearing date.
Screwed me up bigtime.

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
Tail of the dragon NC
Was there a month ago. One word of advice when you get to one end and stop to turn around clean out the leaves from the radiator. They can cover it up. Mine had the oil cooler covered and the bottom 1/4 of the radiator. Not solid but enough that it could have been an issue if it was hot out. 70's when I was there. More leaves are falling and when in the corners those air scoops work very well.

You will enjoy it expect to shift a lot and yes there will be squids.

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
I installed a 200 cell metal catalysator with ece type approval in order to become fully street legal again. No more noise ☹
I see that noise is just a bolt and a clamp away....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Removed lowering adapters from my 02

Removed radiator and oil cooler

Radiator is seaping from fins

Taking both to rad shop just to confirm oil cooler is still in tip top shape and verify radiator is unrepairable

Have new rad already

Took 13 muscle for a spin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
ride 'em hard & wet!
37 Posts
New Years day, took the D for a ride, roads were wet but skies were clear. Approached an intersection where R turns were free but to go straight was a yield. I noticed a car approaching before I noticed the yield sign. Damn Brimbo brakes, so sensitive! Next thing I knew, I was on the ground with the D on top of me. Fortunately, only my pride was damaged! A good wake up for the New Year though.

·
Yooper/Geek
745 Posts
Finally got a chance to add Stabil<tm> and top off the tanks of both bikes. Ran both briefly to cycle fuel through the systems.

Now they're put away until the salt gets washed off the roads in the spring...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey Santego!

How safe is the Condor if not bolted to the floor and you have kids playing around in the garage?

Thanks!

·
Registered
125 Posts
My son and I finally got around to taking the wheels off. Now I can get the Metzeler Cruisetek's put on. Might need the bearings replaced too.. everything in there looked pretty rusty.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Took the tourpack off and went for a last 2019 riide.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey Santego!

How safe is the Condor if not bolted to the floor and you have kids playing around in the garage?

Thanks!
I feel like it is much safer than a kickstand for the kids. I don't think my kids could knock the bike off this stand if their friends helped them :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Condor stand

I feel like it is much safer than a kickstand for the kids. I don't think my kids could knock the bike off this stand if their friends helped them :)
Thanks!
In your picture, your Condor stand doesn't seems bolted to the floor. Do you have it bolted?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks!
In your picture, your Condor stand doesn't seems bolted to the floor. Do you have it bolted?
No, it is up against a wall most of the time. I put it in the middle of the garage for maintenance. Slips a little driving into it when not against the wall, but not too much.

To get off the rack... i rock the bike backwards then hold the front brake... repeat 2-3 times until it is off the rack. It doesn't come out without you wanting it to :)

7901 - 7920 of 7955 Posts